21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dang it!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
A 2" kit would outsell everything else on the market! Even on the Gen 1 Wolverines, almost everyone chose the 2" over a 3-1/2" list, as it is less strain on the axles.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
My only concern would be loosing all the down travel.
From the measurements on my X2 w/ KYB's, from natural ride height to tire lifted, I only had 2" in the rear and 2-1/2" in the front.

A 2" kit would outsell everything else on the market! Even on the Gen 1 Wolverines, almost everyone chose the 2" over a 3-1/2" list, as it is less strain on the axles.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
My only concern would be loosing all the down travel.
From the measurements on my X2 w/ KYB's, from natural ride height to tire lifted, I only had 2" in the rear and 2-1/2" in the front.
My 2" Gorilla lift (Gen 1 Wolverine) is made from billet aluminum blocks installed between the lower a-arms and the shocks/springs, I still have plenty of down travel.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
MORSNO, I snagged pics from your post and think that is definitely the way to go.
Now to get a engineer off their ass and spec the geometry out, simple Trig, SOHCAHTOA.

Yamaha uses different shocks and I don't know the mounting point widths of the shocks, but one could build for the widest and offer bushings for the others. Use grade 5 or 8 hardware, etc.

Pics from your Gen1 so others know what we are talking about.

My 2" Gorilla lift (Gen 1 Wolverine) is made from billet aluminum blocks installed between the lower a-arms and the shocks/springs, I still have plenty of down travel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Pics of front & rear of shock mounting on 19' X2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Then again, if we can't get a engineer to spec spring spacers, then this is probably over their head.....lol

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I completely agree!!!

Come on Super ATV, bring this to market! Please don't force us all to go somewhere else. LOL.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Pics of front & rear of shock mounting on 19' X2
I’ll add one thought to this equation!
I’m not sure if Super ATV makes a high clearance A arm for the X2, or if there planning to?
If you think that may be on your list of mods in the future then you don’t want a lift kit that works from the bottom like the Gorilla billet block!
I have that same lift and while I think it’s a great lift and probably the best quality, it won’t allow me to install the Super ATV high clearance A arm and still use the lift unlike the Perfex lift that installs at the top of the shock!
I’ve been considering getting the high clearance A arms for the rear but I’ll have to cut the mount off the old one and fab it into the new one somehow and it won’t be as simple as if I had a different style lift!

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I'm tempted to see if the Pioneer 700 puck lift will work... Hmmm...pretty close on those spring dimensions, @Wolvie Hunter.
Wait...what? You're thinking of putting Honda parts on my Yammie. NEVER!!! LOL.

Reactions: SuperATV and Greggo

·
Registered
323 Posts
Now that is Funny

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn’t care if they were for (dare I say...) a Polaris! :27:

As long as they fit and work, I’ll slum ‘em! :lmao:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Gen I machined lift appears to be really close to fitting the X2's. Trailhound made them work on his X2 with a grinder.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/272-x2-x4-suspension/26008-gorilla-lift.html

I've searched around but haven't found any residual stock. Do you suppose if there were enough interest (e,g, a group buy) that Gorilla would make the minor tweaks and put them back in production? They already have the files so this would be a very minimal effort. And for what it is at 350 bucks a copy, would be quite lucrative if all who's asking would commit to an advanced purchase. I've never dealt with the company so I don't know how customer oriented they are but money talks louder than words and Super ATV doesn't seem to interested (spring spacers, come on). I participated in a similar thing on the Rhino Forums when power steering first become available but that was a forum sponsor who put the thing together and had a POC with the manufacturer. Any members or vendors here have a backdoor or contact to try such a thing? Just a thought.

I've reviewed everything I could find regarding The X2 lift kits and believe the Gorilla approach is the way to go. I have both the skills and resources to plagiarize their design intent and make my own. It's tempting to purchase a couple of A arms for doing the engineering and fitment... about $75.00 for both pieces. I use my X2 around my acreage daily so I wouldn't want the downtime while working out the geometry and doing the machining. Ideally, if I could get my hands on a Gen I lift kit, it would be easy to make the mod's, reverse engineer and share the results for others to use but that currently doesn't seem to be an option.

It appears the supporting industry is preoccupied with RZR's and Can Am's and for good reason. Those guys need more inventive ways to carry spare axles, pack around replacement belts/tie rods and make trail side repairs more accommodating by means of tool-less fasteners etc. Fortunately the X2 crowd will never need that kind of clever engineering or creative marketing. Unfortunately, it's all about the numbers.

Mike

Reactions: Wolvie Hunter

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The Gen I machined lift appears to be really close to fitting the X2's. Trailhound made them work on his X2 with a grinder.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/272-x2-x4-suspension/26008-gorilla-lift.html

I've searched around but haven't found any residual stock. Do you suppose if there were enough interest (e,g, a group buy) that Gorilla would make the minor tweaks and put them back in production? They already have the files so this would be a very minimal effort. And for what it is at 350 bucks a copy, would be quite lucrative if all who's asking would commit to an advanced purchase. I've never dealt with the company so I don't know how customer oriented they are but money talks louder than words and Super ATV doesn't seem to interested (spring spacers, come on). I participated in a similar thing on the Rhino Forums when power steering first become available but that was a forum sponsor who put the thing together and had a POC with the manufacturer. Any members or vendors here have a backdoor or contact to try such a thing? Just a thought.

I've reviewed everything I could find regarding The X2 lift kits and believe the Gorilla approach is the way to go. I have both the skills and resources to plagiarize their design intent and make my own. It's tempting to purchase a couple of A arms for doing the engineering and fitment... about $75.00 for both pieces. I use my X2 around my acreage daily so I wouldn't want the downtime while working out the geometry and doing the machining. Ideally, if I could get my hands on a Gen I lift kit, it would be easy to make the mod's, reverse engineer and share the results for others to use but that currently doesn't seem to be an option.

It appears the supporting industry is preoccupied with RZR's and Can Am's and for good reason. Those guys need more inventive ways to carry spare axles, pack around replacement belts/tie rods and make trail side repairs more accommodating by means of tool-less fasteners etc. Fortunately the X2 crowd will never need that kind of clever engineering or creative marketing. Unfortunately, it's all about the numbers.

Mike
I will consider selling you my gorilla lift if your serious about going down that road.
PM me if interested!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,455 Posts
21 - 40 of 48 Posts