Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Super ATV - 2" Lift Kit

11K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Wolvie Hunter 
#1 · (Edited)
When will you be offering them? I need one bad.

I have one on my X1 and love it! I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them for the X2 once you start offering them.

Let us know.

#2 ·
Yes... PLEASE!!!

#4 ·
Sooo...you're suggesting we raise the front end, but not the rear. Sounds like you're a proponent of the "Cali Squat" to me. LOL.

Reactions: SuperATV
#6 ·
I'm not interested in going that big of tires.

I went with 27" tires on my X1 with your 2" lift and I like the look, and the clearance, while not giving up a ton of power. I think 30's on m X2 would really eat up some HP/Torque though.

#7 ·
Yeah, you'd probably feel it a little without any gear reduction. I now the X4 2" lift is just spring spacers, so I'm sure they can be bored out to fit...but we haven't found another X2 in any kind of reasonable radius around us to be able to spend time on it.

#8 ·
Ok. Please let us know when/if you do.

I think HL has 3-1/2" but that's more than I want to go. Too much angle for me.

#10 ·
PM Sent.

#14 ·
Anything I can help with? Would be tomorrow afternoon to have a set of calipers, but anything I can reach I will measure.

#15 · (Edited)
So this 2" lift is a spring spacer then?
I recently took some rough measurements on shock travel with the shock installed and sway bars connected.
Jacked machine up until tires were off the ground.
Factory preload: Measurements show both the front and back are 1/8" to 1/4" longer than standard.

Shock travel marked from natural ride height.

Both Front had 2.5" out.

That should leave 6.2"

Both Rear had 2" out

That should leave 6.9"

Now not knowing where these shocks are in their travel once installed.
Need to pull one of each off one day and check on the bench.

Again, these are rough measurement and mounted.

Edit: It would be nice to know how much installed upward travel the X2 shocks would have with these spacers
And according to my measurements, there is room to come out without affecting spring preload, so the ride should be the same I think.

#17 ·
Would definitely be interested in the 2" lift. I have the 19 x2 with your flip windshield. Great piece. Appreciate ya!
Steve

#18 ·
SuperATV,

PM with dimensions sent.

Reactions: RCF and SuperATV
#20 ·
Well...bad news. I got the dimensions from Wolvie Man, and the spacers aren't going to cross over to the X2. The X4 has a higher spring rate and bigger spring in the rear than the X4. Actually, all the springs are different from the 2 to the 4. There may be some crossover with one of the Pio 700 lifts, but I can't really confirm it without trying it on. Dimensions are similar though. I'll keep digging whenever I get a chance to try it out.

#21 ·
Dang it!!!

#22 ·
A 2" kit would outsell everything else on the market! Even on the Gen 1 Wolverines, almost everyone chose the 2" over a 3-1/2" list, as it is less strain on the axles.

#23 ·
My only concern would be loosing all the down travel.
From the measurements on my X2 w/ KYB's, from natural ride height to tire lifted, I only had 2" in the rear and 2-1/2" in the front.

#30 ·
I’ll add one thought to this equation!
I’m not sure if Super ATV makes a high clearance A arm for the X2, or if there planning to?
If you think that may be on your list of mods in the future then you don’t want a lift kit that works from the bottom like the Gorilla billet block!
I have that same lift and while I think it’s a great lift and probably the best quality, it won’t allow me to install the Super ATV high clearance A arm and still use the lift unlike the Perfex lift that installs at the top of the shock!
I’ve been considering getting the high clearance A arms for the rear but I’ll have to cut the mount off the old one and fab it into the new one somehow and it won’t be as simple as if I had a different style lift!

#33 ·
Now that is Funny

#34 · (Edited)
I wouldn’t care if they were for (dare I say...) a Polaris! :27:

As long as they fit and work, I’ll slum ‘em! :lmao:

#36 ·
I would. What can it hurt?

#38 ·
The Gen I machined lift appears to be really close to fitting the X2's. Trailhound made them work on his X2 with a grinder.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/272-x2-x4-suspension/26008-gorilla-lift.html

I've searched around but haven't found any residual stock. Do you suppose if there were enough interest (e,g, a group buy) that Gorilla would make the minor tweaks and put them back in production? They already have the files so this would be a very minimal effort. And for what it is at 350 bucks a copy, would be quite lucrative if all who's asking would commit to an advanced purchase. I've never dealt with the company so I don't know how customer oriented they are but money talks louder than words and Super ATV doesn't seem to interested (spring spacers, come on). I participated in a similar thing on the Rhino Forums when power steering first become available but that was a forum sponsor who put the thing together and had a POC with the manufacturer. Any members or vendors here have a backdoor or contact to try such a thing? Just a thought.

I've reviewed everything I could find regarding The X2 lift kits and believe the Gorilla approach is the way to go. I have both the skills and resources to plagiarize their design intent and make my own. It's tempting to purchase a couple of A arms for doing the engineering and fitment... about $75.00 for both pieces. I use my X2 around my acreage daily so I wouldn't want the downtime while working out the geometry and doing the machining. Ideally, if I could get my hands on a Gen I lift kit, it would be easy to make the mod's, reverse engineer and share the results for others to use but that currently doesn't seem to be an option.

It appears the supporting industry is preoccupied with RZR's and Can Am's and for good reason. Those guys need more inventive ways to carry spare axles, pack around replacement belts/tie rods and make trail side repairs more accommodating by means of tool-less fasteners etc. Fortunately the X2 crowd will never need that kind of clever engineering or creative marketing. Unfortunately, it's all about the numbers.

Mike

#39 ·
I will consider selling you my gorilla lift if your serious about going down that road.
PM me if interested!

#42 ·
Any updates? A bottom mount bracket spacer like shown a couple of pages back, but keeping the shock in line with the original mounting location would be awesome! (Hint hint...)

#43 ·
We've always gone with the frame mount lifts or the spacer lifts because we can control the fitment at the frame mount or on the stock shock. With a lower shock mount lift, we can't really control the fitment if you go with another company's A-arms or some kind of custom arm/lift. Plus, it kinda protects us if somebody wants to stack lifts. Company X makes a frame bracket and stacks it on our arm bracket...and then you start breaking axles do to bad angles, and we look bad. I honestly think the Pio 700 207+ spacer lift will work on the X2 shocks, but I haven't been able to confirm it in house...so I can't promote any kind of positive fitment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.