Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
October WOTM Winner!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a street legal kit on their Wolverine? If so, how complicated is it to do?

Reactions: ofek

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Here in Michigan they quit offering that option. Instead they passed a law making it legal to ride on road shoulder in most locations except state and us hi ways. They also allowed municipalities and townships to opt out.

Before to be dot compliant you needed turn signals, horn, dot approved tires, dot approved glass windshield with wiper and I'm not sure this is complete list.

·
October WOTM Winner!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info. If anybody has theirs set up like this, please post pics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for info. If anybody has theirs set up like this, please post pics.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was looking at that ez turn signal kit but by the time you get everything you need out of them it gets kind of pricey.
So I am looking for an alternative. Probably making my own harness or using something out of a regular car.
As I go along I'll post what I came up with.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Has anyone installed a street legal kit on their Wolverine? If so, how complicated is it to do?
I know it's been awhile since the original post, but I finally got around to taking some pictures....
Here is the way I installed the kit supplied by the dealer for my buggy. The goal was to not drill holes for the plate, and not cut (splice) the existing wires.

Plate bracket bent 90 degrees, the two upper plate bolts are LED's
plate_mount.jpg

I used a male and female butt connector to put the license plate lights inline with the tail light wiring. I need to make one more for the yellow wire to have all my wires be the same length.
splice.jpg

Mounted the horn there. This did require me to drill a hole for the bolt. There is a spot with the tit on the oil cooler guard as outlined in the service manual, but no bolt hole and this location was easier to get to.
horn_mount.jpg

Horn button location
horn_button.jpg

and the connector location for the horn power
horn_power.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts