Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Stopped at the dealership today

9K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Wolfie 
#1 ·
Stopped by the Yamaha dealership today to pick up the the rear bumper for my machine and got to talking to him a little bit. They said the Wolverines sales are kinda slow right now, which he said is kinda typical for them that when they come out with a new model it usually takes 6-9 months for him to start seeing good sales on them. He said that besides guys that really keep up with the market it takes people that long to even really find out that something new has come out.

He kinda hinted that the release of a sport model would be coming around mid June, but if he knew any details about it he wouldn't say.

What I couldn't believe was all the vikings that he had there. They say there selling really good for them right now. I guess they recently got 11 of them and in and 4 are already sold and a lot of people are showing interest in them.

#2 · (Edited)
My dealer had only received one Wolverine since their release which I took home the day the assembly was complete. They got their second machine Tuesday of this week. It's hard to sell what you don't have. And many or perhaps most people will not buy what they have not seen or drove.

The new sport model is coming and there are lots of rumors, I think we should just wait and see! Mid June seems to be a common date so we're a few weeks short from knowing for sure!

Have you installed your rear bumper? If not, the mechanic at my dealer made a couple installation recommendations if you are interested.
1. Don't follow the recommended installation process and remove or loosen most of the rear plastic to install.
2. They were able to install the rear bumper without loosening or removing any installed components.

They did say that they have a large selection of tools which made the install easy. They added that even with a less complete tool set installation of the rear bumper could be accomplished by someone with good basic mechanical ability.

#3 ·
They're limiting the number of models dealers can order. The place I'm getting mine from said they were only getting 5 or 6 in their first order and they weren't all coming together. They got 2 EPS models last month, 2 non EPS this month and another 1 or 2 next month. One of the other dealers I talked to got 1 EPS model last month and I think they've gotten 3 this month.

#6 ·
When I stopped by to pick up my machine yesterday I got talking to him and he actually admitted that mine is the only one he has sold so far this year. I'm not sure if Yamaha is doing a bad job getting the word out or what because he's usually one of the better ATV sellers in the state. I know I haven't seen another one on the trail yet this year and most people that see mine didn't even know that they came out with something new.

#9 ·
I've been asked numerous times "Is that a Viking". Once I tell people what it is and they look it over, they're always impressed. That benefit that I went on a few weeks ago, I had the only one there out of 50+ machines.

#13 ·
Funny thing is in mid-April I stopped by to pick up some fender flares for my Grizzly and asked the guy at the counter if they had any Wolverines in yet. He pointed at the side door saying they're bringing in the first one now. I pretty much ran over, looked it over really well and told my buddy "that will be mine one of these days" thinking more like in a year or so. Well a month ago I walked in and bought the exact one that I had looked over that day. The sales guy said they had only sold two Camo units so far.

#14 ·
since i got mine from the dealership here i haven't seen another one on the lot there... next time i go I'm gonna ask them how many they get and sell, I'm thinking it aint many yet. Its crazy to me that people dont know about this bike much. I was looking for it b4 it ever came out due to rumors. I dont know anyone who has one but me. Closest person that i know of that has one is Epic.. Everybody down here is hung up on Polaris and then can am, its all about mud riding down here more mud riding than trail riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.