Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any business that offers rentals in the recreational field depends heavily on reliability. Down time means no dinero coming in but probably going out in repairs. I am in the boating business ( sales and service ) on a large lake in Kentucky. Many marinas offer PWC rentals. What are the renting ? Yep Yamaha Wave runners, not Sea-does. Also here in Kentucky and also in Tennessee we have many atv parks that rent side by sides. Check out Windrock's new fleet.

New SxS Rental Fleet at Windrock Park!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I hope for their sake that Yamaha gets up to speed on replacement part availability for the wolverines. Everything I order is on back order.

Reactions: Firefly

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I hope for their sake that Yamaha gets up to speed on replacement part availability for the wolverines. Everything I order is on back order.
Yamaha is way behind polaris when it comes to parts availability,i can't even get replacement springs for my shocks through Yamaha,polaris sells them separately and they have heavier springs available for different loads.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Lucky you didn't get the new Turbo Rzr or T4 Rzr Trailcutter. Seems every one will have the primary break in less than 800 miles. This in turn wipes out the secondary and belt with long backorder on those parts from Polaris. Wonder how many sheaves you would have to replace in your mileage. 600 for sheaves and 200 for belt. Ouch.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya parts availability seems to be an issue but hopefully they won't need many. Polaris had the foresight to produce many parts because they knew they'd be needed. Lol

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Rentals are going to need parts.......even if it's just cosmetic stuff. I cracked my grill in the rollover. That was before Christmas, they are telling me end of Feb.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I get it. My point was they picked reliable machines.

Reactions: Ken Scurry

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I cant see why anyone would want to get into the atv/utv rental business. I mean they must make money doing it, but I see the way people beat machines they own I can only imagine how they treat the ones they don't. I talked to the one guy that rents machines by us and he said he totals 2 to 4 machines a year. Never asked him what brand he uses.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Lucky you didn't get the new Turbo Rzr or T4 Rzr Trailcutter. Seems every one will have the primary break in less than 800 miles. This in turn wipes out the secondary and belt with long backorder on those parts from Polaris. Wonder how many sheaves you would have to replace in your mileage. 600 for sheaves and 200 for belt. Ouch.
the fact that Yamaha doesn't sell springs separately would cost me $4,000 to replace shocks.ouch, I guess it boils down to if you want to replace parts more often or wait for parts when you break down,when I had my polaris parts were usually 5 days away,i waited over a month for my exhaust parts from yamaha

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
before the utvs ,most rental outfits handled the good old Honda with it's solid axle and just enough power to get the job done,when you are in business downtime is a killer.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I have to believe there is a coil spring manf out there that can supply springs. When we used to race stock cars there was about any coil over spring rate imaginable available. We had a simple tester for testing rates also. It's not that complicated if we just find the right source.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
king shocks makes different spring rate springs,but without knowing the specs on my springs,i don't want to take a chance on them .

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My buddy still races. I'm pretty sure he has a spring rate tester. One of these days I'll take one off and go have it tested. I've never looked that close. Do you think front and rears are the same?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My buddy still races. I'm pretty sure he has a spring rate tester. One of these days I'll take one off and go have it tested. I've never looked that close. Do you think front and rears are the same?
the front springs aren't as long as the back,they look to me to be 3'' spring,but also need the free length and as mine have sagged don't know if I could get the proper measurement,i found a set on ebay that are 3x 14 that I can get any rate I want

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Ok......I have less than 100 miles on it.......hopefully not sagging too much yet. He's in AZ right now I'll get on it when he gets back in next few weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a warranty admin for yamaha, took awhile but i finally got an answer for yall's questions concerning the spring rate of the kyb shock assemblies from yamaha directly....

Question: What is the spring rate of the front and rear shock springs

answer: Thanks for using online tech support! The front should be 24~32n/mm and the rear 22~36n/mm. Thanks chris

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Trading Post renting the machines most likely have cow trails that cruise over humps and bumps and around a lake and beside a creek. I know there are some crazy butts like me that are gonna push the limit but that cash deposit will keep the reins tight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts