Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a warranty admin for yamaha, took awhile but i finally got an answer for yall's questions concerning the spring rate of the kyb shock assemblies from yamaha directly....

Question: What is the spring rate of the front and rear shock springs

answer: Thanks for using online tech support! The front should be 24~32n/mm and the rear 22~36n/mm. Thanks chris

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I am a warranty admin for yamaha, took awhile but i finally got an answer for yall's questions concerning the spring rate of the kyb shock assemblies from yamaha directly....

answer: Thanks for using online tech support! The front should be 24~32n/mm and the rear 22~36n/mm. Thanks chris
Thank you. I sent this info to ZBroz, they are working on a spring set now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

I'm from the old school ,can you convert this to lbs.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Front= 24-32n = 5.4-7.2 lbs.

Rear= 22-36n = 4.95-8.1 lbs.

So that looks like..

Front= 137-183 lbs/inch

Rear= 125-206 lbs/inch

Does that seem right?
I had the wife look up the newton conversion and came up with close to the same conversion around 5.7 ,so looks like the springs would have a maximum of 200lbs/inch rating witch seems light for this size of machine. did you come up with any lengths for the springs?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I had the wife look up the newton conversion and came up with close to the same conversion around 5.7 ,so looks like the springs would have a maximum of 200lbs/inch rating witch seems light for this size of machine. did you come up with any lengths for the springs?
He found a dealer to let him borrow a stocked unit, so he is going to use the factory length as well as the length of my springs in the state they are with the preload cranked up, and go from there. He was talking about doing a straight rate spring instead of progressive, likely 200lb up front and 225 out back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He found a dealer to let him borrow a stocked unit, so he is going to use the factory length as well as the length of my springs in the state they are with the preload cranked up, and go from there. He was talking about doing a straight rate spring instead of progressive, likely 200lb up front and 225 out back.
How did this work out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts