Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what size and brand after market tires people are running on stock rims without any offsets ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Right now I'm running 9lbs it's still below zero where I am once it warms up I'll probably try 8 but they feel good right now .havnt had much chance to try them out in the bush yet still 3ft of snow

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
26x9x12 & 26x11x12 Zillas with 10/11 lbs of air on stock wheels for me. I'm hoping to see more air pressures posted to see what works for most. I'm used to around 5 lbs of my Grizzly for lots of traction without the sidewalls getting torn up, obviously the Wolverine is much heavier and needs more air pressure but I don't want to ride on Fred Flintstone rock wheels either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive only driven about 5 miles on the way home after i got them mounted they ride smooth i was impressed. was on hard snow packed road . did a little detour through 2ft of snow in 2wd plowed right through . going for a good run next tues ill know more then. the trails on my property are pretty rocky and steep in places .i cut my own firewood and wanted the 8 plys for peace of mind.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive only driven about 5 miles on the way home after i got them mounted they ride smooth i was impressed. was on hard snow packed road . did a little detour through 2ft of snow in 2wd plowed right through . going for a good run next tues ill know more then. the trails on my property are pretty rocky and steep in places .i cut my own firewood and wanted the 8 plys for peace of mind.
Have you had a chance to get some time with those tires ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts