Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some EPI stuff laying around from my grizzly and I was wondering what weight the stock clutch rollers are on the wolverines? I know some guys are switching to 18G weights, why? And is the stock secondary spring the same tension as EPI Orange spring? I was thinking of going to the weight of a purple spring from EPI. Also, how many guys are running shims on the stock primary sheave?

·
Vendor
782 Posts
I have some EPI stuff laying around from my grizzly and I was wondering what weight the stock clutch rollers are on the wolverines? I know some guys are switching to 18G weights, why? And is the stock secondary spring the same tension as EPI Orange spring? I was thinking of going to the weight of a purple spring from EPI. Also, how many guys are running shims on the stock primary sheave?

18 to give it a little more rpm during shift phase

orange is same as one in it, gold would be a better choice but if you have a purple try it

Don't put much shim in it, the belt will hit the seal protrusion on the belt side of sheave, this is why we remove the protrusion on our sheaves

Todd

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I believe the stock rollers weight 21g each. The purple spring is only 5lbs heavier than the orange stock spring rating. The 18g weights do not generate as much centrifugal force as the 21g weights at the same rpm. This causes the "shift up" to be slower with the 18g weights. This means it stays in a lower gear ratio longer, giving you better bottom end performance. As todd says, definitely do not over shim with the stock sheave, you can cause belt damage. Check out this thread for some good information on shimming.

What are Shims - Yamaha Rhino Forum - Rhino Forums.net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.