Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sticky Situations

Making a thread for some nice stuck video's. Please share your crown achievments :D

Wife missed most of this one since she was leading. Saw this little mud puddle as a short cut. Radio'd them to come back because me and my daughter was just a little stuck. haha

Well, I was going to get out get the winch so the start of the video I had my parking brake on...habit. Why isn't the wheels spinning and duh brake is on. Buddy offered his services :D Yay for mud buddies that jump right in :D All goes well after though. Trying not to outrun the winch so wasn't hammering the gas. Maybe I should just let the winch do it but what fun is that?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From our night ride last night. Man, we went through some serious stuff in this swamp. Didn't help I was following the tractor tired Maverick that made some huge ruts. Never had to use the winch to pull myself out only him. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice videos guys! How did y'all post youtube videos? I hate computers lol. I can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In the reply text box.. you see a row of buttons on the top of it. From right to left.. wrap button then next one over to the left is the Insert Video button. Just copy and paste the youtube link into it.

On the last video that radio wasn't mine. That Maverick had a seriously loud radio going on. LOL My buddy was the one making all the comments and I just noticed the music was "break a leg" Should have been "break a winch".. because his new 4500 warn burned up trying to pull him out.

Think I found your vid..

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, you'll get to return that favor :D It's a polaris and will be needing a tow soon enough.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You have to be careful on the terminators.. I'm curious to see how the wolverine will handle them. The ranger I ride with has now replaced all 4 axles and the front diff is on order.. I expect a large part of that is Polaris, the others are the tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They are running a lot more power, and torque. I am fairly cautions, with thé occasional lets get crazy. I am sure the Wolverine will turn em well. If I go thru more than two axles, they will come off.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'f you brake 2 axles I'd switch to rhino if they make them for the wolverine. Stronger than stock but will still act as a fusible link and break before the diff does.

By the way it looks great, I'm thinking about going with something more aggressive next but these mud lites just freaking work so well!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't wait to see OlBlu tearing up some mud with those terminators :D So dry here right now :( Think I'm going with Mega Mayhems since they run kind of skinny. I don't want to widen it out much more than it already is. Some trails get tight... IE.. that Maverick couldn't fit though the trees where the others went and ended up stuck.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My camera man was to busy watching and not filming last weekend. haha. No idea how we found this place. Just driving and missed a trail marker and ended up here.

Found a vid on youtube of the very same hole but it didn't work out so well for them.

See how thick and sticky this mud is.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Had a fun today. Was my only stuck and we went through some major mud holes today. Have no problem spinning the heck out of those 28" Mega Mayhems.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you would like to ride a dry trail come to WV in the spring and I'll take you on some instead of that swamp. LOL:cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts