Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i was growing up my father always preached that Yamahas were the best built machines in any industry. From snowmobiles to dirtbikes anything. He purchased a Rhino 700 when that first came out because he is die hard Yamaha. It was fun for me but diffentaly not fast enough. So i purchased a Rzr800s when that came out and was kings then slowly built and modded that. Then sold that and purchased the 900xp when that came out had some fun blew the motor up, and put a Turbo Apex Motor in that. Its alot of fun but now with a wife and daughter that want to come ride with me it is time to slow down a bit. I purchased a Wolverine Rspec just before Memorial Day and its a great unit plenty of power and just enough speed to have fun and not hurt your self. My plan is to build a Station wagon as i call it. Over the next couple of months i will be working on it to make it family friendly.

First some wheels and tires
IMG_20150609_220116.jpg

Then the addition of the back seat.
IMAG0107_1.jpg

More to come with time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I noticed the center caps did not fit on the ITP beadlocks, your setup is exactly what I want, what size of tire/wheel did you get? Also looks good with the seat, can't wait to see the custom cage! Keep the pic's coming man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been busy with work and this summer is almost done. So the seats are in that was a chore in its own. Have the hmf exhaust and fuel programmer. Built my own stereo system using a fusion marine radio and speakers. Cage is been built right now and should be down before Labor Day weekend. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
The only thing that would concern me is it would suck for the people sitting in the back with the exhaust temps. I believe some guys are getting lower temps with a controller and I think some heat shielding would be a must.

Other than that sweet build!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got the tin for the roof done and sent to powder coat today. View attachment 975
Looks great! How sharp is that tin along the front and rear? Working in HVAC i've been sliced by that stuff enough. How do you like the front seats? They look great but are they as plush as the stock ones? I do believe you are the first 4 seat conversion around for the Wolverine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You defiantly get my vote for creative as well as functional. Great job looks great

·
Registered
385 Posts
You should name it the wolverine family truckster.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I am curious, how are the stock springs handling the added weight? Have you increased the preload? It looks like you did, but hard to see the threads in the picture. I had to increase my preload as far as it would go just to maintain normal ride height with me and my wife and our gear, I can imagine a stiffer set of springs may be in order for your rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock springs do pretty well. Ran it with 4 full size guys full speed down a rough trail and didn't have an issue. Just slowed down the rebound so it wouldn't buck so hard. But thanks everyone. I did some other tricks to it and will have more pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know its been a while since your last post. how is the wagon working for your needs. is the back seats easy to get to? do you feel like you have enough power out in the rough trails with the extra weight?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know its been a while since your last post. how is the wagon working for your needs. is the back seats easy to get to? do you feel like you have enough power out in the rough trails with the extra weight?
Seems to do pretty well. It also has fuel programmer and exhaust to help out a little bit. I have the rear seat bolted down and i'm thinking i'm going to change it to a quick release pin to remove easier.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts