Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with the base wolverine because of the deal I got, I just couldn't turn it down, and I don't trail ride alot, mainly deer hunt, I started building on it and that's the fun of it to me:D
any way installed roof to start, installed winch last night, windshield came today Ups. installed it.
ordered a 50in lightbar for it today, there will be plenty more to come. wolv.jpg wolv2.jpg wolv1.jpg wolv5.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
looking good ,sometimes I wish I had the low back seats as I have a hard time looking backwards with arthritis in my neck.i also do a lot of hunting and we managed to get a couple moose out of the bush with the wolverine as they have a lot of pulling power, pulled one out by itself and used a trailer on the other.my hunting buddy is amazed at where these machines will go

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey im happy to hear that trailcutter, ive always owned rangers and decided to try something new, and since my machine
is used for 90percent hunting ive been kinda worried about the smaller bed, almost feel like I might have a mistake on this one,
but that makes me feel a little better about it, hope once I take it out for afew hours it will grow on me, only has 2 miles on it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was cold today so I fired the wood heater up in my shop and fished wires all morning threw my roll cage,
pre wired everything, back lights, lightbar, stereosystem, domelight, run all wires in the tubes thabks to some friendly advice on here, I took a few pictures, know it don't look that great close up but standing back 2 foot the wiring is clean and pretty wolv6.jpg wolv7.jpg

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
lookin good

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took a picture and copied the hood emblem, son talked me into making the 3 slashes orange, was kinda skeptical about that,
but was well pleased with the end product,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got my 50 in light bar in and mounted tonight, got my switches in, was not really what I wanted in switches but couldn't see paying 80.00 for a set of switches, got green led's on the inside wolv12.jpg wolv13.jpg wolv14.jpg wolv15.jpg wolv16.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a really nice ride. The windshield looks awesome...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be careful running that light bar with you head lights and using your winch. Don't know the stator size on the wolverine but if its same as the 700 rhino you could burn it up. I had a 700 rhino with a big light bar like that got stuck at night had all lights on had to use the winch a good bit and ended up burning up half the stator. Hope it never happens just letting know what happened to me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
300 watt, wasn't a very expensive one but it will light up a football field, had one on my ranger just like it so I knowed it
would put out the light, I try not to run but one accesserie at a time especially when running my winch , I know winches pull the power, but thanks for the advise bowhunter, and thank yall for the compliments

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
looking good. what did you do for rear lights? brand and model? mounts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good. I like the flash light holder going too make me one of those. Good idea.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know what brand they are, have a friend that gets me to put stuff on his ranger all the time and he bought 4 and gave me 2 to install and wire his 2, I fabbed 2 L brackets and bolted them onto the factory crossbar bolts to mount them. all wires are in roll bars, a few people on here taught me how to do that one:) thanks bowhunter, I bought them mag light brackets years ago, they been on about every machine I had, but have not seen them brackets in stores in years, but heck maglights are obsolete now. mine always cuts on;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Found them on Ebay. Gottom ordered. Thanks for info.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
maglite still makes a decent light. i have some of there led lights. xl50 and the mag tec series. i like the xl50 3 aaa batteries. they have good throw. way better then the old d cell. but not as good of a club.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts