Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 X4 that will not start. I washed it one day and brought it home. When I unloaded the SxS it had a delay when trying to start it, similar to a low battery. It eventually started and I ran it for awhile then parked it. I went to start it yesterday and same thing happen, eventually started. I rode my grand daughter around for about 15 minutes then turned it off. It now will not start. I can hear a slight click and hum sound when I try to start it but starter never engages. I tried jumping it off with my Jeep battery but the same thing happens. Any ideas what this could be? Also how do I get to the starter on this SxS ? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2019 X4 that will not start. I washed it one day and brought it home. When I unloaded the SxS it had a delay when trying to start it, similar to a low battery. It eventually started and I ran it for awhile then parked it. I went to start it yesterday and same thing happen, eventually started. I rode my grand daughter around for about 15 minutes then turned it off. It now will not start. I can hear a slight click and hum sound when I try to start it but starter never engages. I tried jumping it off with my Jeep battery but the same thing happens. Any ideas what this could be? Also how do I get to the starter on this SxS ? Thanks for any help.
IMO, battery until proven otherwise.
If it max discharged or failed, jumping may not work or work only after a few minutes of attachment with your Jeep's engine running. Can't hurt to replace it as it's a few years old at this point.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Verify Battery as Twodogs said. A fully charged battery should have 12.6 volts. Trace down and service major batt cables and connections to starter and engine ground cable. After you get it started have charging/voltage system checked.

Reactions: twodogs

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Battery also.
If you pull the battery for any reason, check drain holes and even add some.
I did a few in the bottom and even going up the side of the battery box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts