Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first got my wolverine i was riding it down in a gully and it randomly stalled. It fired right back up no problem. Well last night i was riding it and i was climbing a hill and it just randomly stalled and still fired right back up. Then i went in a muddy spot and got down in the throttle and made it out but when i let off the throttle it cut off. Im curious to what could be causing this. Its not a constant thing i have had it since September and Its done it 3 Times. Just wanted some input.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Have you changed anything with the exhaust or intake? Any engine mods? Not that I will know but the more info you give the better your chances are of someone being able to help.

·
Engineer
1,924 Posts
That's flame out. On your PCV map, increase your fuel percentage at 0% throttle to 1, from 2500 rpm up to 7000. That should fix the deceleration cut out. The flame out on the hill was more than likely caused from low rpm leaning. I suggest you contact Todd at Hunterworks for a updated map for your pcv. Your low rpm flame outs should no longer be an issue and you should see improved off throttle response increase.

·
Engineer
1,924 Posts
Todd's out on holiday until Monday, so we'll wait to see what he says. If you have a laptop and a usb cord, you can plug into it. I have tuned and sold thousands of powercommanders as well as Todd. Either of us can help you tune it in the end. ;)

·
Engineer
1,924 Posts
The whole purpose of the powercommander is so that you can self adjust it. The accel pump feature gives it an extra squirt of fuel, much like an FCR carburetor, so that when you whiskey throttle the plate open, you get a punch in power instead of slow response.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Doesn't everybody know somebody with a laptop?

·
Engineer
1,924 Posts
Hopefully we can figure out how to get you hooked up to some sort of tablet or laptop. I have even programmed these for my customers remotely through wifi and remains a possibility if needed in the future. :)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.