Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a cure for the shaky exhaust squeak that is seriously irritating while idling?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yes, I drove it until it stopped. Guess mine has enough mud in there to stop it. LOL Just kidding. How many miles you have on the machine? At 200 it should be quiet. It's just the springs or ball socket between exhaust header and muffler moving back and forth. Think when enough soot gets between the metal joint it quiets down.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I only have 25 miles. I have a long way to go lol.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I wish I had 500 miles on mine. I would be happy to be past the first service.
I hear ya there. Mines sitting at 140-150ish right now.

Reactions: BigBuck

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
I've got about 550 miles on mine and to be honest the noise seems to get worse after a power washing. Other than that don't really notice it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Besides just riding it out. Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah this squeaking is driving me nuts too. I narrowed it down to the gasket between the exhaust header and muffler pipe. Tried adding some heat resistance silicone oil on it but hard angle to get in there effectively. Stopped the squeaking for a few minutes. So I'll have to take the exhaust apart and add it all around and see what happens.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine did at first, then just stopped one day. Haven't heard it since.

·
Holiday Winner!
131 Posts
no squeek, i did hit 500 miles yesterday....not bad for 3 months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have at kind of a "rattly " sound coming from the back some were but only at certain RPMs. .at low cruising rpms.. The brakes were very squeaky. But it was just dust in the new brakes and rotors breaking in and I would hose them out after each ride and eventually it stoped.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts