Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yes sir sometimes that is the case with disc brakes. Disc brake squeak does not always mean it needs anything except hopefully to work itself out and go away.

If it is just pad on disc squeak if you deglaze the disc with some sandpaper and also hit the pad itself on flat surface and sand it just a hair until you see it has new surface and shiny is gone when assembled it will be gone.

Rotating squeaks are not always from the brakes. Like you said could be axle too.

·
Registered
Waiting on RMAX4 1000 base
35 Posts
I'm having the same issue. 30 hours in. Going to give the breaks a nice working in and see if it helps. I only hear it from 0 to 5 mph.

If I still hear it back to the dealer. They already ruined my back doors with big gouges

·
Registered
Waiting on RMAX4 1000 base
35 Posts
I'm having the same issue. 30 hours in. Going to give the breaks a nice working in and see if it helps. I only hear it from 0 to 5 mph.

If I still hear it back to the dealer. They already ruined my back doors with big gouges
I just did some hard breaking today for about 2p minutes. I could smell a bit of burn. After doing that I think my break squeak is gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my front right wheel start squealing less than an hour into our first ride. Very frustrating having a new machine be so noisy, but I figured some dust, small gravel, got embedded into the brake pad. On my first service, around 150 miles, I raised the front end and can hear a grinding sound coming from that wheel, where the driver side doesn't make any sound at all. I took off the brake pads and filed them down to a new surface, haven't taken it out for a ride yet, but the I hope it will solve it. I wonder if this caliper isn't releasing as well as the others when you release the brake.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts