Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
so far I have had no issues. The fronts on mine were pretty tight. The rears were pretty loose. But so far no issues

So I installed eibach 300lb springs for the X2 KYB's, I had the 0.5in spacer made, a friend at work 3D printed them for me, question I have is the fronts at 13.5in of preload seems to keep the spring sucked down where there isn't much play, the tolerance for the stock cuts could be tighter to solve this, is anyone having an issue with the springs moving around in the cups? Second rear shocks at 13.75in of preload seem as though it's not enough pressure on the spring to keep it in place and compressed at both ends and I'm afraid it will be moving around on the cups again the tolerance of the cups could be tighter. Pics attached

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those looking for springs, Bandit UTV Suspension, has a stage 2 spring set for the KYB. NO spacers needed. Direct replacement. Not sure of the spring rate, but certainly stiffer than stock. A quick spin after install confirmed that the ride is much better than stock. It did raise the ground clearance about 1 1/2". Time to dial in the clickers. Price was $ 350.00 shipped to the door.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
204 Posts
For those looking for springs, Bandit UTV Suspension, has a stage 2 spring set for the KYB. NO spacers needed. Direct replacement. Not sure of the spring rate, but certainly stiffer than stock. A quick spin after install confirmed that the ride is much better than stock. It did raise the ground clearance about 1 1/2". Time to dial in the clickers. Price was $ 350.00 shipped to the door.
This is for the X2/X4 and not Rmax?

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
204 Posts
YES X2, Thought I posted it in the X2/X4 section?
You did, I always hit the New link at the top of the page that shows all the new posts rather than going to each forum page. I then have a bad habit of not paying attention to what page the post is in. That’s how I found your post. My bad.

Can you post some pictures of the CV angles with the new springs? Does the instructions for the springs give a recommended preload or did you set it to the stock measurements?

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Milty, did you add limit straps to your set up?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts