Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
So, the spacer is just to take up space due to a shorter spring than stock? I guess I could have 2 made from the dimensions in the video.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Will the 1 inch spacers work? Aren't the JBS spacers 1/2"?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm tracking now. Stock rear springs are 14.75". Eibach are 14". The 1" spacers you posted will take up the .75 and give .25 of preload, kind of.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I know what my next project will be!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'd have to look at the numbers, but off hand the spacer is to make up for the shorter spring it seems.
I don't know if there is enough adjustment to add more preload with out it or not.
-I would say 1" will be too thick .75" might work
-No spacer will not work, not enough preload and the spring needs a retainer. Stock retainer is the wrong ID.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I run the rear preload about half way on the threads. JBS uses 400# springs and recommends no preload and use .50" spacers/retainers. With the 300# springs, would a 1" spacer/retainer be too much? It's hard to find a 2.50 ID spacer under 1".

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm starting off running 13.75" of preload on the 300lb 14" spring. It will be my initial test. I also have 200-250lbs of stuff In the bed at all times. My ground clearance is 12.5". So my opinion is it will be tough getting the shock together and the spring will require compression on assembly wit a 1" spacer. I can only guess that with the 1" spacer your going to have .25" to possibly .5" of preload on the spring. It's a guess as I don't have the parts to confirm. At minimum if you get all 4 springs you can run the Eibach up front no problem and continue stock in the rear if the 1" spacer is to thick. Then you can have one made later or find other options to test.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I've seen thrust bearings for shocks also for torsion binding/tension.
I was on the fence, but book marked them anyway.
These have 2.5" I.D. Link.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
What about this? It doesn't give the thickness. Only inside and outside diameter of hole.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I contacted this place Race Proven UTV and SxS Lift Kits | Shocks | Accessories - RTProUTV.com and gave them a link to this thread. Asked what they would recommend and if they have a .50" spacer/retainer. They make some nice dual rate kits for other UTV's, but not the X2. Not sure if we need dual rates on our low travel suspension. But I bet it would ride really good!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Call them and get dimensions Link.
They say 1/2" to 2", but not sure ID/OD.
"These solid 6061-T6 billet aluminum lift spacers "

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Call them and get dimensions Link.
They say 1/2" to 2", but not sure ID/OD.
"These solid 6061-T6 billet aluminum lift spacers "
They said they don't have a spacer to fit the springs

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Screw it then, buy Walker Evans for the rear and springs for the front and be done.
Jason said the WE shocks he put on his X4 rode better than his RMAX4 shocks.

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Screw it then, buy Walker Evans for the rear and springs for the front and be done.
Jason said the WE shocks he put on his X4 rode better than his RMAX4 shocks.
Good idea!

·
Registered
658 Posts
1" spacer wont be to thick what so ever. Specially once the Eibach springs settle. But theres a reason I got rid of mine, Fist it destroys CV Axles and the KYB shocks are junk.

Skip all this crap and just get Walker Evans.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts