Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a progression of my build so far.
Graphics

Lift and Tires

Storage Box Contico 3725

Hi Lift Mount home made brackets

RXR Removal device

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking Good!!!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Latest projects

Got my winch and baby led lights mounted.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to HAMMER I now have functioning reverse lights tied into the shifter lever.

IMG_20160120_202811494.jpg IMG_20160120_202550171.jpg

·
Banned
420 Posts
nice !!!! Ilike it.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Roadymi, Like your reverse lights. Where did you get them? Any information such as brand, part no., vendor, price, web link, etc. will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: TINKEN

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them from local truck parts supplier. They are an LED and what semi's might use for marker lights. These are the 2" version, they come in larger sizes as well. 2 bulbs, 2 rubber isolation mounting grommets and 2 wiring harnesses were $18.51. Website says they draw .05 amp. truck-lite.com is the web address. I couldn't find these exact lights in a quick search but I got these #'s off my invoice.
Truck-Lite is manf,
Bulb # UCL50CB
Gromett # 30700
Pigtail # 94909

Reactions: RangerRick

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yup those are the style. Looks like I got shafted again. Try and buy local and see what I get. I can hold out hope mine are better quality? :confused:

I was unable to locate the proper pins for the OEM connector. If you have a good relationship with a parts man at your local car dealer they can probably hook you up. They just blew me off here. I purchased these 3/16" QUICK CONNECT FEMALE, RED | All Electronics Corp. and I believe they will work ok. I pumped the pigtail full of Dielectric grease then taped it very well. If you go this route note that these do not grip super tight YOU MUST TAPE THEM VERY WELL.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Roadymi & Tinken, thanks for the detailed information. Going to order some. Would 1 of these also work well as a light inside under the roof, mounted on something, maybe the surface mount version instead? Or would it be to bright and blinding?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would be alright for a map light on a switch. I think it would be pretty bright to be on all the time. Might be able to go with an amber if you want some ambient light that is on all the time? I got one of these Interior Dome Light with Switch | TowSmart at Meijers for $6 that I'm going to use for a map light.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I was just considering it as a map light on a switch, but was wondering if it would still be so bright in a small space that it might be blinding. Mainly looking for something on a switch where you could see all areas inside the cab, if your looking for something when sitting still. Such as in floorboards, in glove box, in console storage area, etc; thought about maybe using 4 of the clear/white LED rock lights, strategically placed all on 1 switch, not to bright but still plenty of light to see what your looking for up close.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I used the underhood light from a 90's chevy truck. It has a switch on it and can reel out 25 feet

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Project "Big Rig"

I like to be visible. I got my "Big Rig" clearance lights & my 3rd (& 4th) brake lights mounted and operational.

3rd & 4th brake lights

Side clearance

Front clearance

Rear Clearance

These clearance lights are the 3/4" round flush mount led's. The brake lights are surface mount 3/4" x 3" led's

·
Registered
157 Posts
I cant get the pics

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anybody have issue getting the pics? They pop right up on my screen when I open the thread.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
I can see them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts