Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some new stuff for my Wolverine.

12" LED front light
2x4" LED back up lights (you can see how bright they are with my garage lights turned off, and LED's lighting up what they're pointing at...WOW)
4000 lbs Warn
Switches on the dash from left to right...winch, front LED, rear LED's remote switch for winch

And my new T4 tracks from Camoplast (will take pics later)

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have the washer fluid/reservoir kit installed. My feeling was that I only plan on using the window during the winter..so no dust, just snow. I didn't want to risk using the wiper and washer fluid in the "dusty months" for fear of scratching the window up. Instead, if needed, I'll just carry some water mixed with Windex, and a good squeegee. My other plan is to use the Yamaha folding window from spring to fall.

Might all be overkill, but ........:rolleyes:

Took some picks of my tracks. These things are a sweet piece of kit. Looking forward to rolling thru the snow this winter. I hear great things as to what tracks will allow a wheeler or sxs to do in snow....hope so

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice! I should have a very similar setup, going with the T4S also. What I need to decide on is what I want for LED light bar. Definitely a combo pattern but not sure on the width yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after riding yesterday I did realize that my 12" LED bar vibrates quite a bit where it sits on that "indent" on the roof....mostly at idle...not as bad when on the gas. I like the light but need some ideas on stiffer support at that location.

My buddy has a 32 or 36" light bar and has very little viration as it mounts at wider points on the roof.

I may look at swapping my front light bar for my two rear lights.....

Another realization (while lying in bed at 4:30 this morning lol), was that Im now not sure if Ill have enough clearance for my plow blade and my tracks. These tracks add another 26" to front of bike. Even if theres enuf room...not sure if there will be enuf to angle blade. And since plow is still on back order...can't tell....

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
IMG_20150620_111351178.jpg

Here's what I did for a brace behind that indent and have no problems with vibration. Just made a bracket and used a couple u bolts. Might not be the prettiest but works well

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Well after riding yesterday I did realize that my 12" LED bar vibrates quite a bit where it sits on that "indent" on the roof....mostly at idle...not as bad when on the gas. I like the light but need some ideas on stiffer support at that location.

My buddy has a 32 or 36" light bar and has very little viration as it mounts at wider points on the roof.

I may look at swapping my front light bar for my two rear lights.....

Another realization (while lying in bed at 4:30 this morning lol), was that Im now not sure if Ill have enough clearance for my plow blade and my tracks. These tracks add another 26" to front of bike. Even if theres enuf room...not sure if there will be enuf to angle blade. And since plow is still on back order...can't tell....
you will probably have to extend your plow mount with the tracks on,it will be nice to get pictures of how your track springs hook up on your machine when you get them mounted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the front tracks mounted. Took a lot longer than expected, especially after snapping one of the tension spring bolts in half...lol. Set the angle of attack, alignment and deflection. That took most of the time...and was told it does the first time. Should be good to go now.

Attachments

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Can you get out of the garage? Looks pretty tall. I like it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha.....I measured 20 times b4 I bought the tracks...have about 4 extra inches. Not much..but it works

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been thinking the same as I'm just in the planning stage of building my garage. Is that a 7ft or 8ft tall door you have?

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I'm also wondering what the overall length and width is. I'm looking to buy a trailer soon and would like tracks someday. Would it fit on a 77"W x 144"L ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm also wondering what the overall length and width is. I'm looking to buy a trailer soon and would like tracks someday. Would it fit on a 77"W x 144"L ?
Bike with no tracks is 120" (10')...with tracks is 180" (15' 5")

Tracks add 36" to rear, 26" to front and 8" to width (4 per side)....so just over 5' of extra length and 68" (5' 8") of width

My trailer is a deck over and measures 78" wide x 150" long. (Triton deck over aluminum)

sooo....bike will fit width wise with a little room to spare, and have an extra 30" over the rear. But I have a salt skirt on front of trailer and can easily take off if transporting bike. So tracks will hang over each end by roughly 15"
That should work.

Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 40 Posts