Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, 1 day on Craigslist, got full price of $11,500.00, (and I had just upped it to $12,500.00 but this guy already saw it at 11,500.00, I am sure I could have gotten the $12,500.00) no haggling. Had several calls and messages after posting it at 1:00 a.m. last night! The market for selling used SxS must be good right now.

On my way to an RMAX XT-R?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice. That's a great price.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good for you!

I've got mine listed too, but shooting for stupid bucks to take advantage of demand. If it all works out, I'll be ordering a new RMax as well. :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I listed my 2016 R-Spec a few days ago and somebody offered me $12k for it today.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wishing you all the best of luck on the sale and upgrade. Local dealer here shows Rmax X2 on Craigslist for $2K OVER the Yamaha list price.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 10.44.39 PM.png

·
Registered
523 Posts
Exactly why I'm waiting for the newness to wear off. I can putt around in my dads Honda if I have a an itch to go riding but too many projects going on right now. It'll be winter before we know it (usually rains and is cold all winter here with hardly any snow to play in). However, if they don't come down any next Spring, I've already been told my the wife and kids we are buying one.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Wishing you all the best of luck on the sale and upgrade. Local dealer here shows Rmax X2 on Craigslist for $2K OVER the Yamaha list price.

View attachment 87062
Bastards! LOL.

I talked to my favorite dealer where I bought my last two Wolverines from. He said he would sell me the Covert Green one (XT-R) to me at a $1,200 discount off MSRP "once he gets one in." Sounds like there's a waiting period.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I listed my 2016 R-Spec a few days ago and somebody offered me $12k for it today.
When I said I got it at stupid bucks, I meant it. However, there's a brand new set of tracks, spare rims with studded tires, brand new Big Horns, top-end job by Yamaha, shocks rebuilt, stereo, heater, enclosed cab, etc.
Hoping that someone sees the value in buying something non-current that has a ton of extras and all the bugs worked out.

Had lots of response from guys looking to buy add on parts, but I'm not looking to sell unless it's a package.....I like all the toys I put on my buggy :) and if I have to keep it, then so be it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is flat out AMAZING what people are willing to pay for used machines these days. I paid $12,800 OTD for my new 2016 R-Spec in Dec of 2018, and it looks like I could I could sell it for more now (if I still had it). Bought my '19 Teryx4 LE for $15K OTD a year ago, and could sell it now and make money. Crazy times for sure!

·
Registered
92 Posts
From stories I've heard all this summer, everything is selling like hot cakes.

Of course it goes against the model I've always been good at which is "buy high, sell low". Hoping that this time is different :)

My own experience this summer was selling a 2year old travel trailer. I was asking 42k but prob was that a lot of buyers love borrowing money for big purchases....and I don't offer credit.
I did end up selling it cash to a big dealer network for about 10% less than ask.
In a way I'm glad I did too. I hate having to sell shit and travel trailers are the king of crap. Buddy had warned me that expensive trailers are just more costly pieces of crap....they are all junk.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Of course it goes against the model I've always been good at which is "buy high, sell low".
And here I thought I had the market cornered on that strategy...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking to sell my 19. It's a base with vented hard coat windshield ($$$), top and poly back, weller reflash. Just put factory sheave back on with new grease. Works like a new one. I'd throw in the HW sheave and weights but most won't know what I'm talking about. What would be a good asking price? Close to 1600 miles. 138 hrs. Trying to get up to 10 posts to advertise here, but may go craigslist.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Offer it for $2k more than you'd take.

I keep thinking and thinking, but I like mine. I don't want to sell it! But wow, the market nowadays!

Reactions: Jraoffroad

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sad day watching my poor R-Spec go down the road on another man's trailer, but unfortunately I had to divorce her for a newer more capable model. :crying: Now to go out dating again, finding a dealer that can get me a new ride!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,441 Posts
Sad day watching my poor R-Spec go down the road on another man's trailer, but unfortunately I had to divorce her for a newer more capable model. :crying: Now to go out dating again, finding a dealer that can get me a new ride!
Oh, dear

I just came back from a ride and enjoying possibly the last few warm days we may have. The thermometer is taking a chilly dive for a week it seems.
Picking going to be tough for you and you'd better be well versed on the differences of models and respective MSRP difference to get the best value you need. Many and/or most are upgradeable features so you're not screwed no buying into a high end model.

Good luck, Oh Idaho eh. time to dig some spud for lunch and dinner. LOL

·
Registered
651 Posts
Where did you guys list your machines? Craigslist or something more specific?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you guys list your machines? Craigslist or something more specific?
Just Craigslist, put in the add at 1:00 a.m. and had 3 or 4 messages by the time I woke up. Then, before I could UP the price $1000.00, after doing more,research, somebody bought it!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How many miles were on your wolvy Jimbo?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many miles were on your wolvy Jimbo?
2800 pretty easy miles, never a single problem of any consequence. I think it's going to last a long time for the older couple that bought it.

Reactions: Budro2
1 - 20 of 20 Posts