1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
ricochet is working good for me. i had them on my grizzly before and they worked good. they are 3/16" i believe factory are 1/8"

·
Engineer
1,924 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for, both have their pro's and cons. I've owned many aluminum skid plates and a-arm guards, both on my race bike and my UTVs. Aluminum works, it's light weight, good looking and is not that expensive.

UHMW is without a doubt, the best. It's shock absorbing, will out wear steel 20 to 1 and just plain tough. When you high center over a rock, you slide off instead of getting hung up, remember, it's self-lubricating, "poor man's Teflon". But, UHMW is very expensive and dealers charge a premium for it. Imo, way too much.

If you know someone with a heat table, you can cut UHMW easily with a jig saw. The heat table will heat the UHMW in a strip so that you can bend it along this joint. When it cools, it will hold it's shape. The Yamaha Rhino uses indented washers to hold it's UHMW skids on and could easily be adapted to A-arm plates for the Wolverine. The upper clips are conduit clamps. Rounded cap screws will work, but torx heads are much better. Tivar is the type of UHMW best suited for skids, but most any of the UHMW blends will work. Comes in many colors, white might be your thing, but black and other colors are available.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well they are both $229 for the A-Arm guards.
Ricochet has a coupon right now rzrforums-2016
I think that gives you 15% off. So slight price edge to Ricochet..

Black with UHMW compared to raw aluminum with ricochet unless you upgrade to Anodizing at an additional cost (doesn't makes sense to me as its not through the aluminum and could gouge it deep enough to show raw color again).

vtpoolman,
Not that it really matters but I had come across your posts and it helped me in the original narrowing of Aluminum companies. I also like that there is not a lip on the backside so it can clean off easier.

Do you happen to have some pictures at a stance from the machine so I can see how visible they are? That will not be a deciding factor alone but will help me visualize the raw aluminum on my camo Wolvy.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I have them on my 2016 SE. I assume there the same. Fit is great. They’ve been tested from day 1. Approaching 4000 miles mostly crawling boulders, they show the abuse but I think they’ll last the life of the machine. If I puchased them I’d go UHMW just for the slide and quiet factor but I’m grateful for them. Buggy looks perfect underneath them and occasionally I pull the skid plates off and fix em up a little on the anvil. Don’t know the price difference, if it’s similar I’d do UHMW but I have no complaints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.