Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much snow can an X2 push? We are expecting a foot of snow this weekend.

Will I have to do it twice or can my machine handle it?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
3ft maybe more and depends on a lot. How much traction your tires get which varies with the surface. Pavement can be very slippery. Tires as well as the type of snow. Soft fluff is the easiest. Angle the blade and bank it sideways and forward clearing to the left or right etc. Straight plow into it is the hardest and the snow will come over top at some point.

Reactions: Geo

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3ft maybe more and depends on a lot. How much traction your tires get which varies with the surface. Pavement can be very slippery. Tires as well as the type of snow. Soft fluff is the easiest. Angle the blade and bank it sideways and forward clearing to the left or right etc. Straight plow into it is the hardest and the snow will come over top at some point.
Did you really mean 3ft?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I plow with an X2 and 72" KFI plow blade. 1 foot of snow should not be a problem. When you come to the end of a run and plow is buried in the snowbank DO NOT try and lift the blade while the plow is buried or you will break the winch line. Instead, start to backup a few inches and then raise the blade. Lot's of other tricks that you will soon learn. Have fun!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Snow

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plow with an X2 and 72" KFI plow blade. 1 foot of snow should not be a problem. When you come to the end of a run and plow is buried in the snowbank DO NOT try and lift the blade while the plow is buried or you will break the winch line. Instead, start to backup a few inches and then raise the blade. Lot's of other tricks that you will soon learn. Have fun!
View attachment 99797
Thanks, nice looking machine.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
I don't get that in snowfall but my blade a Warn is 18" high. I build up a pile onto my yard more than two feet and I can push the mob of it which is packed together a good distance away from the driveway. As long as the tires have traction and LOW gear is used. Note I am plowing with a big ATV (Kingquad 750) and the X4 being heavier and more capable shouldn't be restricted. On big fall that deep is difficult only because you'd have drive over some and plow the top foot or more and come back doing more until you have a path to work the sides. As before the blade need to be angled partially but not the max unless you're wanting it to purely go to the side and it will build up until the bank pushes you away trying to move it further. Trial and error but only the lightest stuff is high gear for a short while anyway.

Reactions: Ron505 and Geo

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
View attachment 99797
With those big wheels and lugs 2ft should be a walk in the park for you. Driving over if need if really deep or drifts without hanging up on the bottom. LOL

Look real mean snow pusher with them lugs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
With those big wheels and lugs 2ft should be a walk in the park for you. Driving over if need if really deep or drifts without hanging up on the bottom. LOL

Look real mean snow pusher with them lugs.
Yeah, did I mention the 4" portals and 32" tires - ha

Reactions: 1slo_CR and Geo

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
Oh, ok no wonder it looks so Elevated.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 99797
What is that rack you have on the bed?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
View attachment 99799

I've plowed snow over my plow markers @ 36". Pushed thru city truck banks as high as my tailgate closed @ 6mph.. I've also been stopped with wet heavy snow 5" deep and stuck spinning with small amounts of "snow". Anything's possible 💪🏼
Dang, I’m jealous you got the boss plow!!!
Have to say IMO you have the best looking hooked up rig on here hands down.

Reactions: 1slo_CR

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hahaha thanks for the kind words FreedomPerformance! Someday I'll be cool like you and get the Yamaha front bumper. You've definitely got a nice rig as well (y)

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
If the Predictions correct I am to get ~30 cm of snow (12 inches)
I'll see in the next two days as a big storm sweeps up from the USA north hitting Lake Ontario from the West out eastward a long way. If so the biggest in a very long time.

Bring it on!!! I got snow tires on my AWD vehicles as well. Spare gas in the garage.

Reactions: Geo

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
View attachment 99819
My neighbor has this on his Canned Ham. Works awesome.
Blowers are a lot more than a plow and I am sure you're not moving fast or as a plow does. It great if the area get 3ft and more like 6ft to 10ft of snow. You can't push that much over a winter and the blower can throw it a long way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What is that rack you have on the bed?
The bed and rack are custom made by yours truly for AK hunting and adventures. The factory bed is way to small for my needs.
Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle Plant

Tire Mountain Cloud Wheel Land vehicle

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

1 - 20 of 29 Posts