Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I have to agree here. The math does not support a 2" snorkel as being capable to supply the volume of air needed for proper cooling. I know we have discussed this somewhere already I will see if I can dig it up...

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
I posted this in another thread here, for the intake snorkel. The cvt snorkel follows these same rules.

The factory 3" tube is very short, when you add length to it, you see a large drop in power. The tube going to the plenum is 4-5" in diameter.

2" riser area = 3.14"² x (2) = 6.28"². That's two snorkels equaling 6.28"² which do not equal one 3" snorkel.
3" riser area = 7.07"² x (2) = 14.14"².
4" riser area = 12.57"² x (2) = 25.14"².

I have a 3" ducted tube on my Rhino and in hindsight I wish I would have went to a 4" which would have given me: 12.57"². Obviously there isn't enough room for two 4" snorkels, but one of them is nearly 4 times larger than a 2" snorkel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting ready to snorkel mine too. I'm thinkin of going with 2 3in pipes for airbox and a 3in for both cvt inlet and outlet. Anyone think I should upsize? Also what would anyone recommend about sealing up airbox short of completely siliconing it up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts