Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Do you routinely slime your tires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you folks think about routinely sliming your tires.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It works, I love hate the stuff. I used to run it religiously but then I started changing and swapping my own tires .. it's a disaster and tire shops will hate you when you change your tires ... I now pack it with me as if I get a flat I can't plug 100% I will add it to aid the plugs. And if you live in the cold it will freeze and it will make your machine feel like you are running on square tires

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
one of the first things i did was slime the tires on the wolverine and my grizzly. my300 articcat tires were always soft. i slimed them and have not had a problem with them since 2005. i am a believer. but yes they do make one hell of a mess when you go to change the tires.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We used to use slime when we all had lower ply tires (carlisles, ITP mud lites). I was running carlisles on my Outlander and they did help. Since most of us have switched to a high ply rating tire, we skip the slime. Good to have in the bag though.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ride-On ATV Tire Balancer & Sealant. i am trying this in my new tires. was an option from rocky mountain atv. when i orders the new wheels and tires.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Slime if I am using 3-5 ply rated tires. Anything with a higher ply rating, I don't slime but do carry some with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts