Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the fully welded, non removable skid plate, I'm curious how difficult it's going to be to clean out. We ride a lot of thick clay/mud. With my current machine I drop the skid plate after every ride to get everything cleaned out. For any current X2 owners who like to play in the mud, how hard is it to get the skid plates cleaned out without removing them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Agreed, I take the console out and stick the pressure washer in. It's a pain but it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes me feel better. When the X4s are more available I need to look at one up close. Hopefully they have the same access points.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I wash everything I can reach after every ride, but last winter we went to the Badlands ORP and I filled the whole skid plate with sand. I ended up removing the bed, the seats, the floor pans, everything under the seats, etc., damn near everything but the hood! That sand was EVERYWHERE!
With my Grizzly, I used to pull the skids a few times a year to clean them and eventually the threads pulled out of all of the holes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of extra weight to be carrying around. That's why I want to make sure everything can be cleared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts