Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
What is the minimum enclosed trailer size a wolverine will fit in?
Remember you not only need to fit the machine in, you need to be able to climb in and out while in the trailer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know… I didn't want to spend too much dime on this project. I went with a 6x12 open trailer like I seen many of you have already. I figured if I'm going to go that level (enclosed Trailer) I'm gonna get a toy hauler for those longer trips. Since I'm a 1/4 of the way there with cost of an enclosed trailer. Decisions decisions LOL

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My buddy and I ride together and currently we haul both machines on a 20' open trailer. We've discussed getting like a 24' enclosed and build a kitchenette in the front few feet and have fold down bunks along the walls. You could do the same only smaller with like a 14' trailer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
you have to pay attention to height also, most enclosed trailers with the standard back ramp door, the trailer is almost 7ft high but door is only 6, its too high to fit in it, there is a 8.5ft wide trailer and 8 tall it will go in and you can get out of it pretty easy but you better be ready to drop some nickel.......

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yeah, gotta watch the height with an enclosed. Mine is starting to get taller and taller with lift and bigger tires.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: WeeWilly

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talk about throwing in the kitchen sink too. Thats a crazy set up you got there… very nice…. I went with an open trailer aluminum 6x12. Its very nice but think i could of gotten away with a 6 x 10 but now have ability to take two atvs with me loaded sideways if I need to .

Eventually probably get a toy hauler but this will do for now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Can you both share more pictures and details of your conversions? My wife and I are considering an enclosed trailer conversion for this exact purpose.
I took most of the parts off an old camper for the trailer,has heat,hot and cold water,cooling fans,fridge,stove,vanity and toilet.has two 6 volt golf cart batteries for power.i partitioned off the front and insulated the walls and ceiling,the davenport folds down for a bed.the trailer has two 5000 lb axles with trunion suspension. DSC00940.JPG DSC00944.JPG DSC01002.JPG DSC01008.JPG DSC01004.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Cool beans Trailcutter. Thanks for the pics. The more we look at toyhaulers, the less we like the $30k price tag for the size we need. It makes doing a conversion that much more economical.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Cool beans Trailcutter. Thanks for the pics. The more we look at toyhaulers, the less we like the $30k price tag for the size we need. It makes doing a conversion that much more economical.
it's not fancy,but works for us,we spend most of our time outside when camping so basically just need a place to sleep where it's dry and warm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts