Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for a while to see how you like the machine. By all the feedback it sounds like everyone really likes it. Anyway, if I ever bought one it would need to haul my gear out for 10 day hunting trips in AK. The bed is a fair bit smaller than I would like and so I was wondering if anyone has made side racks for the bed to haul more gear. I have a double axle atv wagon to haul gear in, but was wondering how much could be piled in the bed if the thing had racks. I've been riding a grizzly 700 for a few yrs now and really like it. Thanks.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum AKHUNTER. I haven't seen much for hunting racks on here yet, but there are plenty of hunters and deer hunting pics so a rack should show up soon. I've seen some pretty nice racks built on Rhino's and plenty on Rangers and 6x6's, that could be used for ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really like the Wolverine but the bed design sucks. Last time I was chatting with the local dealer we were thinking pull the bed and build a new one from aluminum with increased width. Would look good if you matches the body lines and powdercoated it.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
There's a 2" receiver on the back. You could always insert one of those cargo racks into it. See a ton of minivans and so froth going down the highway with them on the back.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I've thought about taking one of those cargo carriers (the aluminum one from harbor freight often on sale for 79 bucks) and mounting it above the box. Attached to the x brace and possibly with legs down to the oem box for rear support.

·
Registered
198 Posts
why don't you put a roof rack on it, I hunt also and the only thing I don't like is the smaller bed, I have a reese hitch basket, but I figured if I needed to id build a roof rack for it, had one for my ranger and it worked great, theres a large roof on the wolv and you could run it all way over the bed if needed, something like this th.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
The OP is looking for something like this I'm assuming. These are fairly common up here.

AE07334C-061A-4A87-B8CC-88B57E20578E.jpg Sept08005.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The OP is looking for something like this I'm assuming. These are fairly common up here.

View attachment 12345 View attachment 12353
Morsno nailed it. I was thinking of something like that green bed rack. A roof rack might be o.k. for some light gear, but no way would I put a bunch of heavy gear up there making it susceptible to tipping over. Even when packing relatively light, enough food and gear for a 10 day hunting trip takes up quite a bit of space. The Viking is just too big. Anyway, it doesn't sound like many folks use the Wolverine for hauling serious amounts of gear, if so, post some pics of your setup. It still sounds like a great rig.

Reactions: MORSNO
1 - 11 of 11 Posts