Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
October WOTM Winner!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed side mirrors with the folding windshield installed? Is their any interference with the windshield?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i was thinking about putting the seizmik pursuit mirrors. was thinking of making a bracket to bolt to the two lower bolts on the roll cage.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I just bought and installed the seizmik. Solid, real nice and fit perfectly under the folding windshield. no interference.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I just bought and installed the seizmik. Solid, real nice and fit perfectly under the folding windshield. no interference.
Thank you for letting us know that they fit under the Yamaha windshield, many of us have them. Every time I think I'm done with accessories, you guys come up with something else I think I need!

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
seismik pursuit mirrors just installed
IMG_1738.jpg IMG_1739.jpg IMG_1740.jpg IMG_1741.jpg IMG_1742.jpg IMG_1743.jpg

Reactions: MORSNO and atkbike

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
my thought to. we will see. folds in pretty good. not flimsy plastic. was thinking about making a bracket so when it folds its inside the cage.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
hoping my rear splay guard take care of that.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I really like the Seizmik line of mirrors, and will definitely be purchasing a set shortly, but I am having trouble deciding on which set. I like the pursuit, but that model is almost 3 times the price of the standard model. I like the taller field of view with the standard model, and I like the price tag better, but I like the detentes of the Pursuit model. Does anyone have any opinions to sway me one way or the other? Has anyone run the cheaper standard version? I ride a lot of woods trails, and a lot of hills and rocks, and always with a group, so I definitely want to see them behind me no matter what angle I am at. I am used to the big tall style of the cheaper mirrors, because my F250 has massive tall mirrors, and I love it. Any input at all would be welcomed.

Here is the cheaper model.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
well i have the pursuit ones and they work great. all cast aluminum and with the detents you don't have to mess with trying to get them set again after they have been folded in by a tree or brush. they just go back to where they were. my bushwackin ride yesterday they were folded in most of the day. going threw brush and tight trees.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
vtpoolman, are your mounts similar to the standard style? Are yours more flush when folded in or are they about the same? Choices, choices, choices.......

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
have not seen the other type but heres a couple pics.
IMG_1741.jpg IMG_1742.jpg
you will also need to cover up the rear tires or they will get covered in bud. heres what i did. works good so far
IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1763.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
@vtpoolman, You might want to think about mounting them up really high. Rocks off the rear tire fling and impact the glass.
I have the yamaha factory side mirrors and this happened a few times. Anyone else have issue with mirrors breaking from rocks ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I really like the Seizmik line of mirrors, and will definitely be purchasing a set shortly, but I am having trouble deciding on which set. I like the pursuit, but that model is almost 3 times the price of the standard model. I like the taller field of view with the standard model, and I like the price tag better, but I like the detentes of the Pursuit model. Does anyone have any opinions to sway me one way or the other? Has anyone run the cheaper standard version? I ride a lot of woods trails, and a lot of hills and rocks, and always with a group, so I definitely want to see them behind me no matter what angle I am at. I am used to the big tall style of the cheaper mirrors, because my F250 has massive tall mirrors, and I love it. Any input at all would be welcomed.

Here is the cheaper model.
I have the standard, less expensive version you show. I am very pleased with them and like the tall aspect of them as well. With the glass slightly convex I can see what my rear tires are doing as well as get a great view even from the passenger side mirror because of the size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When shopping for these is there a difference between the Seizmik Pursuit and Seizmik Pursuit Elite. I see both listed but they look the same. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts