Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hunterworks and FTM,
Hey I said I would get back with you after the Moab trip, well I'm back and those mod's(Sheave Slug and the PCV) really improved the machine. I was happy with the machine till I rode Noload's after he modified his but now it's even better! I was impressed with the slug both for climbing both the slick rock and the steps, nice to be able to walk up over them nice and easy. Then on the decline I'm using less break to hold it back and in a lot of cases just the engine break! Now on the sheave Devon you were correct once I had just a little break in time and some open road it took off and the one time I let it run I was bouncing between ? 60 and 62 by the speedometer,, now that was a straight road but did have some up and down but it did hold that 60 mph. I did not buy the mod's for that kind of top end but it is nice to have if I need it. So I took the long way around to tell you both "Thanks for the help and that I'm more than happy with the mod's,and it was money well spent!

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I second those remarks. After reading what Noload did to his, i did the same before i went to moab. Those mods made it so nice to climb and descend the terrain out there and everything seems so smooth. Would have not wanted to do without.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm very interested in doing this setup - the sheave kit (definitely buying from Hunterworks) + a power commander; however I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge or information on to why a pc with the ignition is better or more beneficial to just a straight power commander? I think I read Todd from hunterworks saying that w/o the ignition it can only increase fuel, not decrease.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
I'm very interested in doing this setup - the sheave kit (definitely buying from Hunterworks) + a power commander; however I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge or information on to why a pc with the ignition is better or more beneficial to just a straight power commander? I think I read Todd from hunterworks saying that w/o the ignition it can only increase fuel, not decrease.
Any PC add and takes away, most Dobeck controllers only give

Dynojet does not off a fuel only controller for the Wolverine that I see and I would not see the point, I do raise the limiter up some too for higher speeds in most cases

Todd

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
A +4° timing advance will add better throttle response and efficient burn on a 10:1 or less engine. Engines exceeding this can be throttled back to prevent damage. Timing on the powercommander can be programmed to respond to both engine rpm and throttle opening.

·
Registered
93 Posts
thanks Todd and Tinken for the answers; I really appreciate it. Looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on them both.

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the short time I've had them on mine I really like them, so let us know what you think after the install. I'm running 26" Rip-Saws which are heaver than the stock tires but still came out way a head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts