Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does hunterworks ever have a sale on his sheaves or the pc5?does he give out coupon codes for discounts?also when using the pc5 with advanced timing what octane fuel is needed?thanks in advance john

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
91 octane or equivalent, if you would like to use less octane, I could recurve your ignition map.
Can't answer for coupon codes, You can call him, I know that his prices are super low compared to his competitors.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Hey Tinken,
Just curious why 91 octane? I was always told that you needed higher compression to utilize high octane? That anything over the standard 87 was a waste of money.

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
I know that this subject has been discussed to death from hearsay. So for actual evidence, on my Rhino, I have 9:1 compression, or I compress my fuel mixture down 9 times. At stock ignition advance, and normal use, I am fine using 87 octane fuel. My Dynatek advances the ignition +4° and causes pinging (detonation) under load. It has also been documented that Rhinos crack the upper case behind the top of the cylinder from this'd detonation. 91 octane fuel helps to eleviate this issue.

Wolverine engines are 10:1 compression, or compress the fuel 10 times smaller. Fortunately the pcv is turntable and I can tune down the ignition map for cheaper fuel, at the lose of some efficiency, power and throttle response. Your welcome to run whichever fuel, I spend the extra 30 cents per gallon for my premium fuel.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tinken: I'm planning to order a hunter works sleeve and PC5 this week. The mapping will be the current one you created correct? anything I need to know about this install? I did not know about the 91 octane till this was posted today also the exhaust tip he sells will this effect the PC5 or is it already mapped for this?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Does hunterworks ever have a sale on his sheaves or the pc5?does he give out coupon codes for discounts?also when using the pc5 with advanced timing what octane fuel is needed?thanks in advance john
Sorry, we don't put them on sale or have coupons, our sheaves are the least expensive out there and so are our PCV

Feel free to call me

Todd

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Tinken: I'm planning to order a hunter works sleeve and PC5 this week. The mapping will be the current one you created correct? anything I need to know about this install? I did not know about the 91 octane till this was posted today also the exhaust tip he sells will this effect the PC5 or is it already mapped for this?
Yes it will have that programming and there is install videos on the site

Todd

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is the Hunterworks the one to get? What others are out there and what are the advantages/disadvantages of them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts