Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been two months since I've had this wolverine. I have added 20oz. of coolant to it. That is in addition to what they put in it from the factory/dealership before I bought it. Never noticed any leaking or nothing. But like right now the coolant level is on the low side, the engine is cold. I guess i want it to stay in the middle somewhere, but it fluctuates with the engine temp i understand but, it seems like it is lower than it was the other day, like closer to the low level mark. Seems like you would get to a point where you would stop having to add since it is a closed loop and all??? Does anyone else notice this? I figured there was air pockets in the coolant system when i got it and they were working there way out so i added a few ounces but it seems like i keep adding but in all I've only added 20 oz. Does this sound like a problem? Or am I being paranoid? Someone that understands coolant systems well; help point me in the right direction please.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I haven't noticed any changes in the level in mine, but I only have a little over 100 miles on it to his point. I agree with your thoughts about air pockets maybe working out of the system, but I wouldn't even know where to guess would be an acceptable amount that would need worked through.

Reactions: chief

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I'm right around two hundred miles myself. i dunno either, i dont know the cooling system capacity, may be in the manual though i dunno.... but the level sure does seem to move around more than say like my old 4 wheeler.. hopefully its just not purged out good yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had to add some to mine after a few hundred miles. Just added s little water, it wasn't much. Hasn't moved since.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Was halfway between full/low when new. At 200 miles it was almost at low filled up to full and at 280 still full. Figured it was just burping the system :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put about 3/4 of pint of pre mix antifreeze in the bottle in the first 200 miles. I have 932 miles now and the level is just below mid level and has been constant for over 600 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts