Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried these tires out? Curious how they would do here in the wv hills. I know they are only 6 ply, but they look good.

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
I put on a set last fall and rode Moab with them. You have so much grip on that slick rock that I would not say they were way better than the Big Horns but on the far east end of Pine Cone trail over by the mountains we hit a part of the trail that was slick mud that was only like maybe two or three inches deep and I had a lot more side grip than the Big Horns. I could pick my way and noload was slipping into the ruts. I also rode Taylor Park but never was in a place that would prove or disprove them. Bottom line I'm happy with them! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had them on my Maverick. They are probably my favorite tire. Tons of grip. Super thick lug on them so they are pretty puncture proof. The only reason I went with the STI Roctane this time was the Wolverine sees a lot of pavement riding to the trail heads. The Ripsaws are pretty squishy on the pavement.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
had 3 sets of rip saws on 3 different SxS machines. never a flat on any of the 12 tires. excellent wear. excellent traction. as far as I know I will grab another set only in a 28 incher. no complaints on the rip saws from me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just installed a set of rip saw my wolvy yesterday, front 26x9-12 rear 26x11-12, they are a lot heaver than the Bighorns that come on the wolvy, and reading all the reviews they are a great all around tire, and they look good

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
I put a set of 27" tires/wheels on mine. They're stupid aggressive, 3" taller than stock. The wheels are Storm by Sedona also.

IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1800.JPG

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone else got comments on the Ripsaws? I am on my 2nd set of Bighorns on the Grizzly and am itching to replace the stock BH 2.0s on the Wolverine before riding season gets going. I do more trail/dirt road riding than rock crawling and the flatter profile seems like it would be better for this. Regular BHs are a sure bet, but I keep wondering about the Ripsaws.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
As you know, Bighorn OG's have a great record, just a little pricey compared to Ripsaws.

·
Holiday Winner!
131 Posts
I have the ripsaws and like them a lot. Make sure to get them balanced.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
My brother just put them on his teryx, I will let you know how he likes them after our first ride in April.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got mine today. My stock tires look like babies compared to these. A friend of mine has these and has over 2500 miles on them and is a huge fan of these tires. the tread depth is triple the stock tires. We have lots of mud and rocky steep terrain here in Colorado so I"m sure they'll get a good test this spring/summer.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
I don't have many miles on mine yet. But they look great, are stupid aggressive, and are 3" taller (27's) than the stock (26's). A great all around tire, except for maybe sand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts