Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks todd...Do you think there is truth to the different spring weight?in a few weeks todd i will be contacting you for a sheave but wanted a little more aggressive spring.....like always todd thanks for the info your the man

·
Vendor
771 Posts
thanks todd...Do you think there is truth to the different spring weight?in a few weeks todd i will be contacting you for a sheave but wanted a little more aggressive spring.....like always todd thanks for the info your the man
Don't understand what you are asking me on the spring weight

THanks on the rest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flyer you are right i want something comparible to the dalton red metallic spring my friend has in his rhino 700 it works very well and made a nice difference in it ....

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Gold spring is good for up to 30" tires. You get to much spring and you'll just be bouncing off the rev limiter waiting for it to shift up. The next step up is the Purple spring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deeyoh i am gonna add the pc5 also...where can i get the purple spring?i just dont want to have to change springs again..lolthanks all

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Hunterworks has the purple spring as an option when you buy a sheave kit. I'm sure they just have those too.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Is the Wolverines stock secondary spring the same as the Grizzly 700 stock spring, which is equivalent to the EPI orange spring?
Disregard my question, I saw the answer in post no. 3 by Hunterworks.

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
EPI manufactures many springs. Team industries also manufactures many springs. Here is some more info on springs: Secondary spring weight comparisons to color: Secondary Springs

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Gold spring is good for up to 30" tires. You get to much spring and you'll just be bouncing off the rev limiter waiting for it to shift up. The next step up is the Purple spring.
We use the gold up to 28 tires and the purple is actually weaker and not worth using. We use a purple/black for 29" and taller

There are three purple springs, purple, purple/orange and purple/black

The purple is a EPI spring and we simply dont use it, only 5 lb difference in it over a EPI orange

Gold is the right spring

Todd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when i get a sheave off of you todd and pc5 would the purple/black spring be to much?i wanna be able to scale hills with lots of power lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
todd,i have the stock 26 tires for now till i burn them off then im goin to step up to a 27 or 28 i just wanna be able to scale hills good and get some power gains lol thanks in advance you now best

1 - 19 of 19 Posts