Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been discussed. I would like to get the drivers side seat back a little further. I ride with a prosthetic left leg and I could use a bit more. I have seen mention of some sort of sliding adjustment adaptation. I don't need that so much, but I would like to gain a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Think the seat back already rest on the back bar. Not sure if it's possible to just move it any farther. May be better to cut out the foot rest on the left side to give more room. An aftermarket seat may give more room though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think the seat back already rest on the back bar. Not sure if it's possible to just move it any farther. May be better to cut out the foot rest on the left side to give more room. An aftermarket seat may give more room though.
Thanks. I have only looked at it on the dealer's floor. My Teryx seat is similar in the way the bottom adjusts with the bolts. The Wolvie is a tad better than my Teryx, but a bit more on the lower cushion would help.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Would sitting just a bit higher help ? I know my friend sits in a cushion to sit him just a bit higher.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Actually lower with my legs more stretched out in front would be better. The best one is the new YXZ1000 for leg room. If I could have my knee at a lesser angle it would take some pressure off my knee cap and or residual limb. The Wolvie is better than the Teryx. I have my Teryx up for sale and I'll buy the Wolvie when it sells.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My machine is stored at a buddies right now, I can't remember how thick rear cushion is. Seeing as rear and bottom cushion are separate, it may be possible to take rear panel to upholstery shop and get thinner cushion to gain a bit? Just can't remember how much is there to sacrifice. My buddy that I ride with also has an above knee amputation and he loves his Wolverine for ease of getting in and out and overall comfort. He is avg. Height though. I'm 6'5" and find the leg room adequate but more would always be better.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I apologize if this has been discussed. I would like to get the drivers side seat back a little further. I ride with a prosthetic left leg and I could use a bit more. I have seen mention of some sort of sliding adjustment adaptation. I don't need that so much, but I would like to gain a bit more.
See this thread. It will gain you a bit more room. If you are not interested in adjusting the seat, you can just drill 4 new holes in the bracket and locate it further back. You can get at least a few inches out of it. The seat back itself is what hits the cross bar, limiting the travel. If you are really in need of more than that, you could consider modifying the seat back or frame to get more clearance.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
The seats for the base model don't have the high back. Wonder if you could get one of those back a few more inches? I've never sat in the base model to tell you if those seats are any good

·
Registered
718 Posts
The seats for the base model don't have the high back. Wonder if you could get one of those back a few more inches? I've never sat in the base model to tell you if those seats are any good
They're the same ones that the rhino used and I can tell you they are nowhere near as good as the high backs. Way less comfortable and that little roll bar pad behind your head hurts like hell, it's barely better than hitting your head on the bar itself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all. I got all the stuff I wanted out of the Teryx and left it my dealer to sell on consignment. It is winter here and I wouldn't ride a lot anyway. Same dealer has Kawi, Yamaha, Honda, and Polaris UTVs, so when it sells, it is easy to plug in to a Wolvie. I looked at it again to day. I think I can modify the left footrest and gain what I need, plus I can redrill the lower cushion bolt holes and gain some more. It will work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts