Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the cutting disk on the grinder and removed the weld beads. Then smoothed up the welds and re painted. Best mod I ever did. Well 2nd best. 1st was removing everything single warning sticker and de-badging it.
Yeah I know Yamaha had to deal with the law suits. However Yamaha won’t be dictating to me what safety features they think I should have. I’ve owned side by sides since 2006. I don’t drive mine like an idiot or never have put one on its side or any roll overs.
The shoulder bolster is not comfortable at all. I had enough and made it go away and couldn’t be happier now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you post pics after you have it all put back together please?

2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
15” Quadboss Scovilles
Forceum M/T 08 LT237/75/R15
SSV Works Wolverine Audio Pod system
6000# Viper Elite Winch
72” Motoalliance Denali Pro Series Snow Plow
Yamaha Wolverine A arm guards
Yamaha Wolverine rear fender flares
2 four inch LED cubes
Super ATV half windshield
iPod 5 Touch for my tunes

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did the same to mine. Much better.

Reactions: robert.w.smith.76

·
Registered
153 Posts
I cut the driver's side off. Haven't missed it.

Reactions: InfidelMT

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics that Robert.W.Smith wanted to see. Makes a great arm rest and also my shoulder isn’t smashed into any bolster any longer.
Also gave my drivers side seat a lift. Little more leg room and plenty of head room still as I’m 6’1”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
That looks awesome, I know what I’m doing to my X2 soon, thank you very much!

2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
15” Quadboss Scovilles
Forceum M/T 08 LT237/75/R15
SSV Works Wolverine Audio Pod system
6000# Viper Elite Winch
72” Motoalliance Denali Pro Series Snow Plow
Yamaha Wolverine A arm guards
Yamaha Wolverine rear fender flares
2 four inch LED cubes
Super ATV half windshield
iPod 5 Touch for my tunes

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome. Mine looks like it came that way from the factory. Cutting off the weld beads then grinding smooth, repainting. I like the room I have in it now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did the same mod on my first gen. wolvy! I got sick of those stupid bolsters hitting me in the ribs in rough terrain.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just did mine today

·
Registered
478 Posts
Night and day difference sitting in your X2 now isn't it? Looks good. Now you need a full cab being in Alberta.
I should've done this the day I bought it...lol... I don't use it enough in the winter to warrant a cab. My Outdoor research heated gloves and Milwaukee heated jacket were much cheaper and I can use them for hunting :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Night and day difference sitting in your X2 now isn't it? Looks good. Now you need a full cab being in Alberta.
I should've done this the day I bought it...lol... I don't use it enough in the winter to warrant a cab. My Outdoor research heated gloves and Milwaukee heated jacket were much cheaper and I can use them for hunting :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah for $400 it was an easy decision for me. I love the full cab. Very well made enclosure.

https://utvenclosure.com/collections/yamaha-utv-full-cab-enclosures-viking-wolverine/products/2019-yamaha-wolverine-x2-crew-cab-2-door-utv-full-cab-enclosure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts