Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where the seat belt limp mode wires run to ?a rat chewed through a wire need to jump wire

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,031 Posts
Like @therebel19 said. Under the seat is the seatbelt plug. But if you have a field mice problem it could be anywhere along the harness. Im concerned about you profiling this mouse as a "rat" actually.
It's a rat. No matter how cute it is.
Liver Snout Foot Fur Sporting Group

;)

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,031 Posts
anyone know where the seat belt limp mode wires run to ?a rat chewed through a wire need to jump wire
Just repair the wire where the rat made Scoobie snacks out of your RMAX, Shaggy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Like @therebel19 said. Under the seat is the seatbelt plug. But if you have a field mice problem it could be anywhere along the harness. Im concerned about you profiling this mouse as a "rat" actually.
👍 RLM 😆

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
On a more constructive note. Take the seat back off. (4 bolts), take the covers off a few push pins and a couple of Allen heads. Follow the wires from the seat belt down to the connection. Some have accessed the plug to do the override without taking all the panels off...I would spend the time to take all the panels off so you can see where the little $hit has done the damage.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
151 Posts
On a more constructive note. Take the seat back off. (4 bolts), take the covers off a few push pins and a couple of Allen heads. Follow the wires from the seat belt down to the connection. Some have accessed the plug to do the override without taking all the panels off...I would spend the time to take all the panels off so you can see where the little $hit has done the damage.
I took the latch apart and put a thin strip of black tape around the switch inside to override myself. Here’s the video that gave me the idea. I used a security torx bit out of a tractor supply clearance bin set. Took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
I took the latch apart and put a thin strip of black tape around the switch inside to override myself. Here’s the video that gave me the idea. I used a security torx bit out of a tractor supply clearance bin set. Took about 10 minutes.

Yep....i like that idea also but this guy has a broken connection somewhere. Probably due to a mouse. He needs to get inside and trace it out.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
151 Posts
Yep....i like that idea also but this guy has a broken connection somewhere. Probably due to a mouse. He needs to get inside and trace it out.
Yeah I get that and I agree. Needs to stop by TSC while he’s at it. They got their rat poison on sale right now lol. Just saw a little override talk and thought about the super simple and virtually free mod I did. Sorry for the wrong turn.

Reactions: Madcat

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
No wrong turn....I done the tape on the switch in the buckle as well . When I first got the machine I didn't want to immediately take crap apart so the simple buckle switch tape thing worked great. Now I've had the whole interior out fixing the floor.🤣

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Yeah I get that and I agree. Needs to stop by TSC while he’s at it. They got their rat poison on sale right now lol. Just saw a little override talk and thought about the super simple and virtually free mod I did. Sorry for the wrong turn.
I buy it by the bucket. Cats and black snake at the barn take care of them there. However, cats by the house and shop turn into dog food (not my fault).

·
Registered
151 Posts
I buy it by the bucket. Cats and black snake at the barn take care of them there. However, cats by the house and shop turn into dog food (not my fault).
The bucket is what’s on sale right now actually. Saw it a couple days ago, at least at the Oneida store anyway.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
151 Posts
No wrong turn....I done the tape on the switch in the buckle as well . When I first got the machine I didn't want to immediately take crap apart so the simple buckle switch tape thing worked great. Now I've had the whole interior out fixing the floor.🤣
Twice IIRC 🤬

Reactions: Madcat
1 - 15 of 15 Posts