Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Seat Belt Bypass Location?

36K views 50 replies 35 participants last post by  BobCar 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where the location is to plug in a seat belt bypass on my X2?

#3 ·
Hey everyone I thought that I would revive this old thread with some new insight. I am always searching Ebay for new stuff for the X4. Earlier this summer I had come across seat belt bypass connectors for the Gen 1 Wolverine and the YXZ1000 ( it is the same connector for both ). But none for the X4/X2. Finally after opening the X4 up to do the clutch weights I realized there is a connector just under the plastics where the driver seat belt comes through which looked just likes the ones I have seen several times so I went ahead and picked one for the YXZ up. It was under $8 and worked perfectly. Plug and play. Bless Yamaha for keeping many things the same on their different models. So if anyone wants a simple solution to the seat belt alarm and speed limiter here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seat-B...&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

#6 ·
I do when driving on the road or trails but I have a long driveway/road and have to open/close my gate where the buzzer/speed limiter can be a PITA. It also sucks when snow plowing and I have to get in/out to angle the blade.

#9 ·
All great points everybody. Totally many of the reasons to get rid of this safety feature. Something my Rhino didn't have and I'm glad to see go.

Reactions: Simity
#10 · (Edited)
:usa::usa:

Reactions: MORSNO
#12 ·
I just removed the sensor and thought I'd add a few pictures for anyone interested.

Remove buckle cover then remove magnetic sensor from back side cover.

Attachments

#13 ·
I did the same , I just had a friend recently who didn’t wear one , he rolled by mistake avoiding a deer , his injuries were very very significant to arm, shoulder and has missed x 6 months of work and sold his bike due to injury and pay loss

I am like massive to be honest , plowing and moving around the garage etc , thx for your post

#18 ·
What do you mean.

Was it ok before now or what you did?

Dealer should look at any function problem if its the engine cutting out.

#24 ·
Excellent, I presume Yamaha decided to implement this on that engine to keep those people who only drive pedal to the metal taking off hard after starting it up. It takes time to really warm up even mine. I believe someone said there is built in temp gauge as well. So having it on to display temp as a default will inform you what temp its at.

Reactions: wolvymanx4
#29 ·
Sorry in advance for a double post as i joined and started a thread as i couldnt find this exact post once i joined. my 2020 X2 sealtbelt light wont go off all of a sudden "while belted in" after removing the plastic cover i noticed " no screws" like in your pictures to remove the metal plate exposing the magnet. For the life of me i cant figure out how to remove and access the magnet to remove? Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

#30 ·
Reactions: wolvymanx4
#34 ·
I did that but then when I want to wear the seatbelt it's a pain.

#37 ·
I just open up the belt and pull out the other non wired half of the magnet, done, and free.

Reactions: Paul65
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.