Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I haven't seen that happen in a while but every once in awhile we see a picture or video. I bought metal pates for my wildcat that covered that area. I haven't seen any such products for the RMAX yet but would buy them if available.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw it once, but luckliy there was no an injury. You have to be more careful in any area that has been recently logged because limbs may be springy and green

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had that happen in my Rhino with my wife in the passenger seat. It put a pretty big gash in her leg as it shot by but could have been a lot worse. It comes back to haunt me every time one of these incidences pops up!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had diamond plate firewall covers made for my Gen 1. Pricey but worth it. Now the Gen 1 is a parts machine. Who wants firewall plates for Gen1?

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
165 Posts
I wish more manufacturers would catch on to Yamaha/Kawasaki and start steel plating the floor. Kawasaki even plates their front inner fender up to a certain point on the KRX.

I need to order inner fenders for my Wolverine.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I wish more manufacturers would catch on to Yamaha/Kawasaki and start steel plating the floor. Kawasaki even plates their front inner fender up to a certain point on the KRX.

I need to order inner fenders for my Wolverine.
Kawasaki even recalled the older Teryx models 5 or 6 years to install metal firewalls. All manufactures need to at be designing new models with this feature if not following Kawi's lead and installing them older machines for free.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow, it looks somewhat like getting a guard rail thru your car windshield or firewall! You stand a better (or worse outcome) chance of getting a limb or stick thru the windshield or side window into your face or upper torso when going thru the woods.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You stand a better (or worse outcome) chance of getting a limb or stick thru the windshield or side window into your face or upper torso when going thru the woods.
Not really. You see sticks that can come in the windows. The sticks that come through floors are laying flat just like the few million you rode over and get flipped up by the front tires or a machine in front of you. I'd say we get one or two a year in our group that rides mostly ungroomed woods trails.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this. Assuming all is well now.
Oh yeah she's fine, thanks for asking. My Rhino was about 12 years old at the time and I just wrote it off as brittle plastic. Afterwards, I started seeing reports/pictures of all makes and models having similar events. Mine occurred on our acreage which always has trail debris from the forest canopy. We drive over the stuff regularly without incident but that one time, the branch come thru the floor like a rocket. As noted, it could have been much worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts