Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove by my local dealer today and they happen to have a Wolverine sitting out front. Stopped in to take a look. They also had the Polaris XP 1000, 900 S, RZR 570, and General 1000. On paper the RZR 570 isn't that much smaller, but it sure looks small in person. I liked the seating position and tilt steering features of the Polaris machines. Although the Wolverine was comfortable, the steering wheel and the overall seating position felt high. That's not necessarily bad...just is. The cab was nice sized and even the wife approved. All and all, the Wolverine was what I thought it would be. And yes, the center storage compartment feels really cheap.

BTW, I must say the Polaris General looks pretty bad a$%. However, the dealer said it was about $7,000 more than the Wolverine. Holy smokes...it's not that cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
By the way check out all the post on this forum , you will find a lot of good info on things to do to a wolverine if that is what you get.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've been secretly lurking for the past few days. I'm really digging the Wolverine, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. I'm looking at buying some property a few hours away. If that happens, I'm definitely get a Wolverine. Otherwise, it probably doesn't make sense as there aren't many places to ride by me (at least not that I know of). For now, I'm vicariously living through this forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may have to do like the most of us and go to a off road park, check out W Va. Hatfield McCoy , the best place we have ever been!
I actually have a trip schedule there at the end of April. I'm renting a Polaris Ranger from a place in Northfork and will being starting out on the Indian Ridge trail. Really looking forward to it...

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
We rode with a Ranger today. We rode hard trying to get the ride in before the rain arrived. We failed by about 30 minutes. we did 81 miles and stopped at a bar for lunch in about 4 1/2 hours. The guy in the Ranger fell behind whenever we got into rough whoop de whoop type riding. He was bouncing all over the place. Happier after every ride with my decision.

Reactions: Ryder and MORSNO
1 - 7 of 7 Posts