Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
How does your x4 handle with the new front/rear arms?
Although limited testing to this point definitely a smoother ride, Less “bucking“ feeling. Will have the new 30” tires and wheels on tomorrow which will widen the machine also.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
26 Posts
I finally mounted up my 30x10x14 Sedona Rock A Billy tires on my X2. Rims are my old Sedona Choppers 5+2 and it has the SATV front control arms installed. Lots of tire clearance with this setup and it now has 13 inches plus under the flat area of the front skid plate and just over 14 on the rear. No lift kit just Elka springs. Lot's of punch still in high range at slow speeds with the Hunterworks sheave and PV3 Weller tune.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I finally mounted up my 30x10x14 Sedona Rock A Billy tires on my X2 with the front SATV arms. Lots of tire clearance and now 13 inches plus under the flat area of the front skid plate and just over 14 on the rear. No lift kit just Elka springs. Lot's of punch still in high range at slow speeds with the Hunterworks sheave and PV3 Weller tune.
Looks awesome, any idea of weight on that wheel/tire?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks awesome, any idea of weight on that wheel/tire?
Huh I totally forgot about weighing them after mounting. The tire alone weighs 36.4 pounds. next time I have one off I shall try to remember to weigh it.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Huh I totally forgot about weighing them after mounting. The tire alone weighs 26.4 pounds. next time I have one off I shall try to remember to weigh it.
These are right at 42lbs for tire and 16lbs for rim. No sheave yet think I am going with Weller

Reactions: Ron505

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Looks great FreedomPerformance and Dennis P! I'm hoping my wheels and tires show up by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Couldn’t be happier with the outcome, can’t wait for the weekend to get out and test out the improvements!!! At least 1.5” between wheel well and tire at full stop, did not use the steering rack stops included in the front arm kit. I have 13” of clearance both front and back from skid plate to ground. Superatv 1.5” spacers in back, Superatv front and rear offset arms, tires are system 3 xtr-370 30x10-14, Wheels are Raceline Krank 14x7 5+2 10mm offset.
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice looking rigs !
Dennis P what did this do for top speed with sheave, flash and 30's
You guys have me thinking now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am not sure what my top speed is as the speedo is so far out now. I will say the Sheave has done what they say. Lot's more bottom end, nice quick backshifts and lower cruising rpm. It will cruise effortlessly at around 75-80 kmh- 47-50 mph (guessing) down the road at a nice quite lower rpm. a blip of the throttle and the rpm comes up and you are accelerating. I need to get a vehicle with stock tires to clock me so I know how far my speedo is out I guess. All I can say is the sheave and PV3 made a different machine out of it. Awaiting my backordered HMF Titan exhaust as I currently just have the HW tip on it. (y)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Freedom, do you have any clutch work? How does it drive with the 30s?? I too did not install the rack stops. I cut the bumper rather than loss of turning radius. Looks awesome!!

Dennis P, what gram weights did you get with your sheave kit? And are you happy with how it preforms with the bigger tires?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dennis P, what gram weights did you get with your sheave kit? And are you happy with how it preforms with the bigger tires?
[/QUOTE]

I have the Hunterworks greaseless with 18 gram weights. I installed the updated spring cup, cleaned up secondary well and lubed it with Tink seal which made it move much smoother. I just got the 30s mounted up and have only road it a bit. Hopefully get out for a ride tomorrow evening. So far it feels good and responsive in high range, maybe have a better report later tomorrow night!

Reactions: 1slo_CR

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Thanks I have only cruised around the yard some definitely know they are on there. I have not done any sheave swap yet finally decided to go with Weller. Luckily the Yamaha brush guard offered no interference.
Freedom, do you have any clutch work? How does it drive with the 30s?? I too did not install the rack stops. I cut the bumper rather than loss of turning radius. Looks awesome!!

Reactions: 1slo_CR
41 - 60 of 71 Posts