Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am very satisfied and impressed by the suspension and handling of my rspec. As for the motor and performance I think it's sufficient but would really like to get some more out of it. I will be definately ordering hunter works clutch sheave In The very near future. My question is what other motor upgrades are there out there for the wolverine? I did see the power commander 5 is Available. Does anybody have one, how much of a difference is made? Any numbers from it? Does anyone offer a ecu flash for rspec? It seems like aftermarket jumps all over new polaris and other models, but things seem to be moving really slow in the aftermarket for wolverine. Any reviews on pipes or aircleaners? Like I said I really like my rspec, but would love bout 10 mph faster, and 8-10 more hp. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Sheaves, pipes, fuel controllers about the only thing I've seen for the Wolverine so far. Pushing it up to 50whp isn't bad. Heck an XP 900 is only putting down like 57whp. Weller racing built one for Dustin Nelson and he came in first and was passing even xp1000's. LOL, only motor work was an HMF pipe and fuel controller.

A lot of it has to do with the gearing. That's why the sheave setup is so important.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I'm sold on the sheave. Wonder how much improvement the power commander and pipe bring? Lot of dough tied up with that, curious if performance to money ratio makes it worth it? I know the tuner gets you revving to 8000, wonder what they rev stock? Cam would be nice too!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Highest I've seen for RPM with the rev limiter removed was 7250 rpm. The cam profile probably is setup for more low/midrange. The Wolverine has some good grunt at low rpm and can really climb :D I'm sure with cams and so forth it could make some good power improvements. Just no one has really worked one up yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Just a little for show and tell. The Wolverine will go places I wouldn't think about going in the YXZ. LOL Maybe that'll change if the YXZ gets some lower gearing and I quit being squeamish about riding the clutch.
For any trails the Wolverine is plenty fast with good acceleration. Have had it to 61 and no way to do that safely on most of the trails here. I do haul the mail on the service roads in the YXZ. 78 comes really quick.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Have a power commander 5 installed. That's how I see the rpm too. :D
Deeyoh, I purchased the PC-V from Todd but haven't installed it yet and was curios as to how you are seeing your RPM's? Are you seeing it on the OEM display or did you purchase the LCD display?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Did u have a noticible difference with the power commander?
I do notice a better throttle response but not really any top end felt gains. Mainly wanted it for cooler exhaust.. still glows a little after a hard ride but just not cherry red while sitting there idling. Also, I know I'll be doing an aftermarket exhaust at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.