Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the torque of the Rotax would be favorable over the high revving nature of the yxz motor. For trails. If I road open areas and dunes yes I would just buy the yxz.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Hehe the torque of the YXZ motor is amazing. It'll blow the tires off at 4000rpm. Not sure what more you could want. Sure at 9000 it's insane but low rpm isn't lacking by all means. I putt putt around at 5 mph and when you gas it. It goes. Doesn't matter if I'm climbing a hill or in a field. Tubeworks is putting out a 70% first gear reduction for the YXZ. With 31's at 10500 rpm it's doing 10 mph. LOL Talk about low end torque. That'll be enough to pull the YXZ towing a RZR straight up cliff if it had the traction.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The triple is a great engine with plenty of low end.... one is finding its way into my Viking. The largest issue is finding an appropriate high/low transfer to run after CVT system. I was fortunate and found a high low unit from a Yamaha VK Professional Snowmobile.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The triple is a great engine with plenty of low end.... one is finding its way into my Viking. The largest issue is finding an appropriate high/low transfer to run after CVT system. I was fortunate and found a high low unit from a Yamaha VK Professional Snowmobile.
What are you saying? You putting a 1000 in a viking? That sounds cool, how about some pics of the build.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I'm in the early stages of swapping in a 1049cc Vector engine. Everything is purchased and ready to swap, I just need a good chunk of time to devote to it. There's a thread on Viking forum.org, The Mad Viking Project... the thread is pretty weak, but should get more interesting as I really dig into it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, I'm in the early stages of swapping in a 1049cc Vector engine. Everything is purchased and ready to swap, I just need a good chunk of time to devote to it. There's a thread on Viking forum.org, The Mad Viking Project... the thread is pretty weak, but should get more interesting as I really dig into it.
Nice, I'll check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts