Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stay tuned as I build up my rig and transform it from a Wolverine into a mighty Spartan.

Probably only people from the Midwest and specifically B1G country will truly understand the need for this transformation. I was born & raised a MSU Spartan. I had several family members work there and I got my degree there as well. It just would not do to have a Wolverine on the premises. I understand some will say no matter how it is decorated it will always be a Wolverine. This may be so, but in my mind it is all SPARTAN. A true warrior on the trail.
Keep watch as my rig is truly transformed from a lowly weasel into a mighty warrior.

The way I brought it home. Standard issue Wolverine Rspec EPS SE with no accessories.

Attachments

·
Banned
420 Posts
O-H. Good luck tomorrow. I'm pulling for you.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Every scUM fan I know is pulling for Iowa. They can't stand the fact we've owned them 7 of last 8 years. I'm so sick of hearing about Harbaugh the savior. I think buckeyes have a good chance of getting in if bama or Clemson lose. 2 from B1G would be cool.

Back to SxS. I'm getting a spartan warrior theme wrap put on Tuesday. I can't wait.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Cool. Post pics when complete.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Looking forward to your build!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stage 1 the cosmetics

The transformation has begun. I got the stickers and the wind deflector on. I wasn't too sure about spending money on the deflector but it makes a big difference deflecting the cold air up and over.

Here is the hood

Here is less of a closeup

Side view

Still to come. 2" Super ATV lift, 27" Roctanes and possibly wheels, Winch, LED bar and rear lights, Stereo, Switch panel, storage box.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
420 Posts
Yes sir. I gotta come up with a theme.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my SuperATV 2" lift and a new set of STI Outback XT's installed today. Went with 26/11-12 rear & 26/9-12 fronts on the factory aluminum rims.

I arrived home to freezing rain and high winds so no pics. Will post some when the weather clears.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Awesome hood art, looks great. :cool:

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My storage solution

I was reluctant to spend the $240 for the OEM storage box. I found this at Menards today for $59.97.

Contico Model 3725 (built-in lock) or 3725NL (lockable hasps only)
36.75” x 22.75” x 20.25”H / 50 Gallon Capacity
Interior Dimensions: 31.75" x 16.5" x 18.75"
Recommended Maximum Load: 250 lbs.
IMG_20160104_170208171.jpg
The side to side fit is perfect when slid completely forward. There is approximately 6" between box and tailgate.

Reactions: Wolfie

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few more pics on my thread titled "My storage solution"

I'm still working out how I want to tie it down. For temporary solution I attached a rubber bungee cord to the front post on each side that you use to tie down the tailgate in the forward position and brought them around the rear. It felt real solid. I'm thinking of replacing the bungees with a lightweight ratchet strap. For a more permanent solution you could easily bolt them to the box. Another option would be to attach an eyebolt to each side and tie down to the factory tie downs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the smaller version of that same box and I drilled holes in the flange that turns down by the latch and use bungles and it works great, been on there since September with no issues at all

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some of my recent additions
Harbor freight 2500 wireless winch

Rear LED's

Front LED's

Hi-lift jack with home made mounts.

G

·
how was the wrap done, did you order it off line and then cut it out to fit, or did you have it made ,I was looking on line and they have different ones for car hoods ,thought maybe I could do something simullar with a different theme,my wolverine is green so wanted something with green in the mural.,.,.thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts