Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a place holder in here I am going to post some of the stuff I have installed already and I will post some links to the products I used.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after some time with the machine and I am liking the pilot lights the way they are, I did not turn them into turn signals. I also didn't want to drill into the body panels to mount the LED's for the ryco street legal kit. So I mounted one LED on each side. They are highly visible from the side and the front, there not on the flat part of the bumper so they should not get smashed if I do hit something up front. I also disabled the day time running light feature on them. They only blink.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I added was the windshield and the OEM back soft cover and OEM cargo box and OEM rear brush guard. The Windshield is made by USA brand And I am liking this design it really forces air back into the cab with the flaps instead of the slides.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next I installed the EXOGEAR Extreme Sound bar and wired it into the rear accessory 12Volt line behind the drivers seat. I added the front brush guard also. I removed the front fender so I could get at the door hinges to adjust the passenger door that was miss aligned.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ended up taking it on a group ride since I was at the 20 hr break in from driving it around town for a week.
Boy this thing does everything so well and we couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After a 5 day trip fishing at Flaming Gorge I was back at it adding all the lighting. Rear backup lights in the bumper using the stock harness, two 4" Pods attached to modified emp brackets since the flaps for the windshield hit them the way they were suppose to be mounted and 6.5 inch light bar on the bumper. JBS front fender flares , Unique products fender well block offs and door pockets. Fuse block, and rocker switches.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still need to install the soft side enclosure on both sides , Synthetic winch rope . A-Arm guards front and rear.
Off to Moab in the AM. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She looks good in the wild. Time for the first service with a 100+ miles yesterday. I noticed I need to add some coolant to the overflow it is a little low. What do I added to the factory coolant?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kind of a long video. But saw some beautiful country down there.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
3 Posts
Hi, did you get your windshield from sxswindshields.com? I do like their design. They look the same however I do not see a listing for RMAX. Do you have an one of kind? :)
Do you find the 6.5 Nilight LED bar bright enough or does it need the pillar lights? What radio are you running? (sorry, lots of questions)

·
Registered
RMAX-4 LE
29 Posts
Awesome build and riding videos! That's what it's all about!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, did you get your windshield from sxswindshields.com? I do like their design. They look the same however I do not see a listing for RMAX. Do you have an one of kind? :)
Do you find the 6.5 Nilight LED bar bright enough or does it need the pillar lights? What radio are you running? (sorry, lots of questions)
No Worries.

I bought the windshield from Big Pine Sports and because I bought my SXS from them I got 15% off the purchase.

The 6.5 Nilight I have on the bumper is plenty bright and could have gotten away with just running it. But I wanted the pods on the pillars also so I could point them out to the side a little to give me a very wide field of view. They are nice to have when turning corners in the dark. I have not used them riding yet and will probably run up the road tonight to the lake to see how well they work. The head lights alone would get you by but they are not that bright.

The radio isn't a radio it is the EXOGear sound extreme sound bar. My wife has a phone full of music of all kinds as you can tell in the video. The go pro is clamped to the flap on the windshield so it is out of the cab. It works damn good and at times it is to loud because you have to turn it up to hear it over the machine at higher speeds. Cruising below 25mph we set it about half on the volume.

Hope I answered all your questions okay.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome build and riding videos! That's what it's all about!
Thanks, More stuff on the way and probably some more after that. And your right. Getting out in the beautiful country with friends and family is what it's all about. And it's even better in a SXS. Doesn't beat the crap out of you while covering so much dirt road. I enjoyed this last ride but not into just doing dirt roads. The first video is what I like to ride the most and off the beaten path.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,109 Posts
Thanks, More stuff on the way and probably some more after that. And your right. Getting out in the beautiful country with friends and family is what it's all about. And it's even better in a SXS. Doesn't beat the crap out of you while covering so much dirt road. I enjoyed this last ride but not into just doing dirt roads. The first video is what I like to ride the most and off the beaten path.
Your RMAX is coming along awesome! I don't think that I knew you got yours at Big Pine. Thats where I bought mine as well. Great shop with good people. And yes that is definitely what it's all about!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let's call it half way done since I ran out of my wire cable I like to use. Decided green interior lights fit the XTR best and there easy on the eyes at night. There will be three down each side and they will be on a switch in the dash when I get done. I just hooked up to the battery for video.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your RMAX is coming along awesome! I don't think that I knew you got yours at Big Pine. Thats where I bought mine as well. Great shop with good people. And yes that is definitely what it's all about!!!
I knew you bought yours from him by following your posts. I thought you knew I got from there. Lets get together and go for a ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts