Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All - about to take delivery of a new RMAX4 and I am a little concerned about the height in my enclosed trailer. I have 81" at the door opening ( has a dove tail ) and 84" once inside. You guys figure I can squeak through the door sill by just airing down the rears? Another potential option is to go into comfort setting on the shocks and have someone sit on the tailgate I suppose? All suggestions welcome...

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
I suppose it starts with knowing what your current high actually is. Tires and how much you can get it to drop airing them down. Pumping back up with a 12V compressor is the easy part as they're not high pressure.
There is the aspect of not forgetting to lower it before driving it in. A driver cannot know how close it actually is!!

Interesting to see if anyone has already done this or gone through it. Machines are taller than they need to be for some reason.

Reactions: RSX3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are tall. My P1000 was tall and this is another couple of inches. I am sure this has to be somewhat of a common issue with Toyhaulers etc…

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
Certainly is as well as getting in/out once driven in. I cannot handle closed spaces and don't need enclosed. I have a low riding trailer for mine. I don't know how some even secure them at the front as its tight to get up. some have a front door access up the side.

Good luck with it anyway. Plenty with those types of trailers though and many upgraded since the RMAX is too wide for their older trailers!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
You're going to be very tight. It sounds like you already made the purchase anyway. It may work. Have a friend as a spotter and give it a try. You have nothing to lose at this point. The slope of the ramp and roof with the tires aired down may be enough. If you can add extra weight to the rear the suspension it may compress enough to clear.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX2, 2018 Grizzly 700 SE, 2018 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700
23 Posts
For jeeps we used to use large rachet straps to compress the control arms (shocks and the like) to effectively limit the suspension and clear lower obstacles. I'd suggest the same if you can find a good strap mount point. Just hook a strap to the lower a-arm and up to any frame member you can find and compress the spring.... it's a little harder to do on an RMAX with almost nothing to pull to.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
420 Posts
Hello All - about to take delivery of a new RMAX4 and I am a little concerned about the height in my enclosed trailer. I have 81" at the door opening ( has a dove tail ) and 84" once inside. You guys figure I can squeak through the door sill by just airing down the rears? Another potential option is to go into comfort setting on the shocks and have someone sit on the tailgate I suppose? All suggestions welcome...
You should be fine. I don't think you will have to do anything.

If it's close, than ya air tires down. I wouldn't sweat it. Mine fits in my Toy Hauler under a 79" bunk. They don’t measure what factory states. Especially after you ride it a bit , and add accessories.

Great Buy 👍 !!

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
first suggestion.....DONT have anyone sit on the tailgate. It will not hold the weight of anyone heavy enough to make a difference. Also unless they plan on riding there the entire trip, the machine will rise when they get out and scrape the ceiling. 🤣
One last thing..... the soft setting in the shocks does not lower the machine especially sitting still....... it only allows the shocks to compress easier when the springs encounter a load. Weight in the machine and lightening the preload on the springs may but not the shock settings. Sounds like a great set up....I would love to have an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a piece of 2 inch square tube I put in my tow hitch and ride it in the trailer while the boy drives it in. My enclosed trailer is close to my X2 also.

Reactions: Reno21

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
420 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see you got it to fit. The springs will actually settle as you drive it a few hundred miles. I can get mine in the shed but I have to drag it out by hand to get it out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts