Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few questions guys. I got the 22gr weights, shims and tink seal from the guy selling on here. I installed the weights for now just to see how much quieter it would be. So far I like it. There are a few shims in the package in both .5 and 1.0 mm I think. Is there a specific combination to install or is it machine specific? I'm assuming the shims help with gaining back a little low end, but honestly coming from an X4 and the fact I mostly just trail ride I don't really feel I lost that much. Also when I do get it like I want, I'm going to stay with grease but most likely use the tink seal. It's there any videos or pictures showing how much to use in the clutch. Here are pictures of my factory one at 370 miles. Looked pretty clean but hovel figured grease would be more spread out across the whole area inside.
Automotive tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel Bicycle part
Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Audio equipment Rim Bicycle part

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s a thread on the matter. It’s an x model but same thing.
Opinions vary on greasing but they all work.
Personally I’ll always err on the side of a little much than not to enough.
Used a full 4oz tub of Tinkseal. I’m almost due for sheave service. Zero issues.
I forget exactly but I think 3.4 3.5oz is enough.
Bear in mind the grease will immediately all be slung to the outside by centrifugal force and stay there just as you see it in your pics.
Its purpose is not lubrication of the rollers but lubrication of the sliders on the towers and primarily a seal around the outer edge of the cam plate to keep dust from getting inside.
Thanks man, that's awesome. Thanks for the pic thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts