Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I did a little comparison on some specs. I was surprised to see how well the RMAX stacks up against these other models. Oh, I also put my existing X4 to show how much the new RMAX's have improved.

I'm probably putting money down on an RMAX2 Limited Edition.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes, I'm SO glad I did not get the Talon X, with it's poor suspension and trans issues, and waited for the RMAX.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the maverick sport 1000 has 27 inch tires stock. The RC version has 30 inch tires for sure

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the maverick sport 1000 has 27 inch tires stock. The RC version has 30 inch tires for sure
Correct. I listed the RC which is fairly close in many ways to the rmax.

The rmax appears to be better than these models and you have so much more storage in the back. The more I look at these new models, the more I think yamaha hit a home run here.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got ribbed a few times with some folks when I said the RMax will takes sales from a host of machines out there, from work, utility, and sport machines. The power, suspension, fit/finish, quality and all other things we know about it. The others don't have dump beds, hitches, winches, drive modes.

The do it all complete package makes it much harder for many to leave a Yamaha dealer and wander in somewhere else to buy a different machine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
There lots of diehard Polaris, Honda or CanAm fans that will never switch to Yamaha. I think the problem Yamaha faces now is getting enough product to market so those that want to switch can. It certainly checks all the boxes for me.

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
A diehard Polaris friend of mine drove my X2 and wasn’t impressed. He said it was boring to drive. He wasn’t impressed with the performance. The RMAX will solve that problem. That’s if I ever see mine. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
My turbo S friend said the same thing until I took him up a hill and we were only on 2 or 3 tires at a time. I said see how much more exciting it is when you don't have the suspension to keep all for wheels on the ground. There's a lot more adrenaline pumping when you don't know if you can make and may go over. He doesn't ride with me anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts