Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have my Rmax2 yet but, supposed to be here tomorrow. I opted out of the SSV stereo this time. I have it and the sub on my 2016 R-Spec. By the time I get the four speakers and a sub, looks like close to $2000.
Since I have over $3000 worth of accessories ordered now. I hope to save a little on audio. Looking at the Ecoxgear soundbar. Around $399 and has woofers built in and a light for the bed, if I can mount to rear roll bar with OEM glass sliding rear window. Anyone mounted this, or any sound bar to the rear roll bar with a rear window installed on an RMax2?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I saw that vid but, can't tell if it will work with the OEM rear sliding windshield.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't have my Rmax2 yet but, supposed to be here tomorrow. I opted out of the SSV stereo this time. I have it and the sub on my 2016 R-Spec. By the time I get the four speakers and a sub, looks like close to $2000.
Since I have over $3000 worth of accessories ordered now. I hope to save a little on audio. Looking at the Ecoxgear soundbar. Around $399 and has woofers built in and a light for the bed, if I can mount to rear roll bar with OEM glass sliding rear window. Anyone mounted this, or any sound bar to the rear roll bar with a rear window installed on an RMax2?
I mounted a wetsounds 10 to the rear roll bar and have plenty of room with the sliding rear window. It improved the sound in cab as well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's hard to tell from a video but it seems to sound pretty good! Looks cool too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hard to tell from a video but it seems to sound pretty good! Looks cool too.
I thought so too. I like the light bar on the back. I was going to get the Yamaha bed lights but, now, I can use the Ecoxgear. Tried to find the specs on frequency response, etc. but, seems to be a closely guarded secret now a days. I would love to find an actual store in Georgia that had the Ecoxgear and the Infinitiy Kappa 4100msb hooked up side by side(no pun intended) for a listen test. I am going with the Ecoxgear since I can't imagine the Infinity sounding $500 better. Storing the remote on the side is kinda cool though.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I don't think Infinity makes that sound bar anymore, at least I haven't seen it listed for a while.

I'm down to the Ecoxgear and Bazooka.

They are pretty much the same. Ecoxgear seems to have copied Bazooka and made some changes.
I like how Ecoxgear has a FM option as most don't offer this feature.
You can get a controller with the bazooka too if you want.
SoundExtreme
Bazooka

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think Infinity makes that sound bar anymore, at least I haven't seen it listed for a while.

I'm down to the Ecoxgear and Bazooka.

They are pretty much the same. Ecoxgear seems to have copied Bazooka and made some changes.
I like how Ecoxgear has a FM option as most don't offer this feature.
You can get a controller with the bazooka too if you want.
SoundExtreme
Bazooka
You are right. Sound bar has been discontinued but, still in stock at some places. audiojamonline.com Probably not a good idea to by a unit that is no longer made. Support might be iffy. :)
I really don't need a controller. Remote like the Ecoxgear and Infinity would be fine. Bazooka has the phone app for a remote but, I prefer separate (truly wireless) remote. I am going to get the Ecoxgear as soon as my Rmax arrives.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I noticed they mounted the soundbar to the roof. Contacted them to verify. Said they used large washers on top of the roof, and mounted as close to roll bar as possible, and have done several like this. I will have to rethink this. Doesn't sound like a good idea but....

No experience but here's a vid that may help.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I wouldn't do it to the roof myself, but you could use large fender washers as they have a larger surface area with a smaller hole.
I plan to mount mine to the back roof ROPS and roll it back towards the window.
If I don't like it, then I have the washers for the roof. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am with you. Just looks like with time and bouncing, even with washers, that could create an issue. That soundbar is not lightweight. I have some light mounts that I am going to try and get to work off the roll bar.
If that doesn't work, may have to fab something

I wouldn't do it to the roof myself, but you could use large fender washers as they have a larger surface area with a smaller hole.
I plan to mount mine to the back roof ROPS and roll it back towards the window.
If I don't like it, then I have the washers for the roof. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Some have used ROPS mounts with long arms and mount to them through the roof.
This stops vibration vs just mounting on the plastic roof.
I like lights down low on the bumper. Don't get snow blind, rain and radiator steam from obstructing view.
I like amber for snow & rain, but currently running a light bar there now.
If fact, I haven't used the roof light bar since as conditions have to be just right.
Food for thought.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
873 Posts
Interesting that they mount as close to the bar as possible. And why not mount to the bar. Clamps with long arms should be able to make this work.

I noticed they mounted the soundbar to the roof. Contacted them to verify. Said they used large washers on top of the roof, and mounted as close to roll bar as possible, and have done several like this. I will have to rethink this. Doesn't sound like a good idea but....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts