Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If everything works out I sold my 6 week old X4 last night. They are picking it up Monday. Preordered RMAX2 LE today. Dealer said last week in Oct. He sold me warranty for my X4 for $600. Told me 4 years on RMAX will be $1050. Has anyone found a better deal on YES for RMAX?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nope, but I was able to get the yes warranty all the way up to the last day of the factory warranty on my x4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Duckmans correct. You can buy the yes warranty at any time as long as your still under the factory 6 month warranty. Wait a little while and I bet YES warranty will be offered discounted elsewhere. Many of us bought it on ebay at a lot less than what our local dealers wanted. I bet it will be offered on ebay as well after a little while.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If everything works out I sold my 6 week old X4 last night. They are picking it up Monday. Preordered RMAX2 LE today. Dealer said last week in Oct. He sold me warranty for my X4 for $600. Told me 4 years on RMAX will be $1050. Has anyone found a better deal on YES for RMAX?
I'm curious if you had more than $600 worth of dealer repairs on your X4.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If he'd kept it long enough he might have. The YES warranty us pretty good if you have the right dealer. Mine covered a rear axle (which was about $200 plus shop fees at the time). They also covered a throttle body issue which was over $400 most of that was shop fee though. So a similar scenerio for another owner would have paid for itself. Plus I think it helps resell value as the warranty is transferable.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I still had two years left on my yes warranty when I sold my X4 a couple weeks ago. But never used it once. But who knows there were still two years left to go. The Peace of Mind was worth it to me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I still had two years left on my yes warranty when I sold my X4 a couple weeks ago. But never used it once. But who knows there were still two years left to go. The Peace of Mind was worth it to me.
No kidding look what happen in the "850 blown" thread. I feel bad for that guy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's pretty good, my dealer showed me a price list showing it at $1500.00. When I told him I was going to shop for it elsewhere, he gave it to me for $1000.00. I got raped on my Gen 1 warranty for 1200.00. Unaware they could be had for 6 or 8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Extended warranty prices are ALWAYS negotiable. On cars, an extended warranty that they try to sale at $1000 -$1200 likely only costs the dealer $300 max. They can come way off of the 'retail' price for the warranty and still be profitable.
Interestingly enough, in all the conversations I had with my dealer while buying my RMAX2, he never even pitched the warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading other posts about the YES warranty, I emailed Fremont Motorsports in Colorado. Here is their reply:
The rmax and the YXZ1000 - retail is 1500.00 / we sell it for 999.00 and Yes it is a genuine Yamaha Y.E.S. extended warranty - any questions call Ryan 7197849633 Fremont Motorsports

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My dealership told me that they would sell me one at their cost. We didn't talk numbers as I told them I was going to wait until tax time to get it. Gotta accessorize first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts