Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 1000
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the tire and gas can carrier that I built for my RMAX2 xtr. I looked over a bunch of projects on the forum before deciding on a final version. The mounting bar swings open for unrestricted access to the bed yet its still high enough for the tire to clear the tail gate in the event that I want to go to 32's at a later date. The hinge on the right side rides on two bronze bushings to take the play out of the cross bar and it's pinned on the left. After final fitment I had it powder coated at a local powder coater because it wouldn't fit in my oven. I'm very happy with it and it doesn't totally block the rear view mirror in the cab.
Sky Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 RMAX2, 2018 Grizzly 700 SE, 2018 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700
15 Posts
Very clean and easy to add on to. Love it. Nice work!!
Actually, looking at this closer and after showing it to the wife, she's down to let me get a pipe bender and give it a try. Hope you don't mind being creative inspiration :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 1000
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI I purchased one of the Harbor Freight benders.......don't waste you money!! Its worth it to take the hoops to someone and have them bend them. I made a pattern out of rebar and took it to a fabricator along with the tubing and they only charged me $50 to bend them. The finished product was well worth it IMO. Good luck it WAS a fun project. It works great and rattles on the trail are minimal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts